Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Early 1948 with 47 parts
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
I am beginning to think my 48 2262 has 47 parts .( at least electrical ) It was built ( I think ) in late 1947 - It has Delco - not Auto-Lite electrical parts- Can someone comment on this ?

Posted on: 2020/8/21 23:16
 Top  Print 

Re: Early 1948 with 47 parts
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The 2262 model is built on the 2211 chassis and according to the parts book the 22nd series 2211 chassis cars could be factory equipped with Delco or Autolite. Not sure what the criteria was for the 2262 model but in those years Autolite was typically used on the more senior equipped models while the more junior or lower cost offerings had Delco.

Posted on: 2020/8/22 8:24
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I don't see anything unusual here. Post-war things were just getting back to normal. Cars sales were sporadic and didn't take off til the '50s but that was a little late for P.
They sold '48 leftovers and '49 leftovers as the following year models, '49,'50 respectively. The 23 series '49s didn't come out til mid '49 so almost bound to have been left overs. Titles were made by states, not uniform.
My opinion one of the things P did that didn't help them in the market but the economic realities of the time.
They ordered bodies by lots from Briggs and when they were consumed they changed models.
Common in that period. For instance, look at a '46 and '47 Ford front end and the only thing that changes is the turn signal lights.
Read the book(Neal?) covering that period.

Posted on: 2020/8/22 14:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
According to what I see in " 1948 - Tunp-Up Specifications and Adjustments - 1948 " The criteria for Eight & Deluxe Eight is - Eight used all Auto-Lite electrical parts , and Deluxe Eight used all Delco-Remy electrical parts - which includes , Starting Motor, Generator, Regulator, and Distributor

Posted on: 2020/8/22 20:16
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved