Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 127

Ozstatman, 53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 120 Dome light removal
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Weldingwilly13
See User information
Any one have any idea how dome light in rear is supposed to come off. Need to run new wires due to fraying wires by passenger door. Did not want to break it of course. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted on: 2020/12/6 21:16
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 120 Dome light removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Welding Willy,

I have previously learned my lesson on giving advice on vehicles not EXACTLY the same as my car as, although I would assume other models of the same year and those only a year different, would be similar or same, that has proved to be incorrect on more than one occasion. Having said that, if your dome light looks like mine in the photo, it just clips on, with some dimples on the inner rim of the chrome ring, snapping into the light receptacle box. It should just pull straight down but if it hasn't been off in a long while, may require some side-to-side squizzling. Be careful with the glass lens as it is probably pretty brittle with age and easy to drop as the thing comes apart. Chris.

Attach file:

jpg  (158.29 KB)
121627_5fcdcc384221d.jpg 1632X1224 px

Posted on: 2020/12/7 1:32
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Will be adding the word squizzling to my vocabulary. I imagine that a protracted period of squizzling could degenerate into a session of fiddlefutzing.

Posted on: 2020/12/7 7:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Damn! One never knows what one will learn when reading Packardinfo! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/12/7 10:58
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved