Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
96 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

do i have a gold packard?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

joey d
See User information
have hade the 50 Packard a few months found gold paint on the oil canister and high pressure oil lines paint code is t for teal ,did they repaint the gold ones over original paint? vn number is 2362523532 body number is 2362 2822 the anti theft number is 886787 titled as a 50 think its a 49 carry over can show pics of all the gold paint I found looks like the color they used for the golden cars question is do I have a gold car that was not sold and repainted and sold as a 50

Posted on: 2020/12/1 16:45
 Top  Print 

Re: do i have a gold packard?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The gold paint was only on the bodies and not on any engine components. If your car was repainted from gold you will be able to find evidence around edges of window runs, under the edge of sill plates, etc.

Posted on: 2020/12/1 18:01
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

joey d
See User information
I will look further might have gold on the rims too, the oil canister and lines are on the left fire wall not to the block like ive been seeing on the 50 model but on the 49 I guess the 5 in the vn number indicates its a 49 carry over will keep looking and post some pics

Posted on: 2020/12/1 19:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
The gold cars were painted gold initially and not re-painted. The code was 'R' for special request. Unless your car was a factory renumbered '49 model, the -5- indicates it was built as a 1950 model and couldn't be a gold drive-away Packard. The serial number on the factory renumbered 1949 models would have been much higher than yours. So... to answer your question... it's very unlikely.

Posted on: 2020/12/2 10:21
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Your car appears to be under a cloud of mystery. By the theft-proof number it is a 23rd Series 1949 car and falls directly into a group that were true 'golden anniversary" R-code painted cars and my database notes "an alleged Golden Anniversary car", this is because we have no data to prove that every car within that block of theft-proof numbers was a Golden Anniversary car. However, at the time I entered your car into my database (some 10 years ago?), it had a very different vehicle number (2362-2845). So it would appear your car has had a change of patent plate and VN since i was last aware of it. So now it would seem you have a bit of a mongrel.

The Briggs tag number agrees with my original data entry information.

Posted on: 2020/12/2 11:10
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Well, you can't mess with the theft-proof number so... maybe.

Posted on: 2020/12/2 11:37
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

joey d
See User information
wow, can you let me know the info you have on it , I was told its been in storage for 20+ years would like to know more about this cars history

Posted on: 2020/12/2 12:41
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

joey d
See User information
according to owen it looks like the vn plats has been changed I asked him for more info on what he has recorded about 10 years ago hope to get more info on ownership and history of this car

Posted on: 2020/12/2 12:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
have you looked to see if a build slip survives? Feel on top of the glove box compartment and on the gas filler tube.

Posted on: 2020/12/2 14:10
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sorry, no additional information. Just that when I was made aware of that car and recorded the data for the first time, the vehicle number associated with that theft-proof number was different than it is now.

Posted on: 2020/12/2 14:40
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved