Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Door mount side mirror for '37 120C
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
I have googled many sites for external side mirrors to fit on my '37 120C Touring Sedan and have not seen anything that has come close to what I saw on the '37 120C belonging to a friend of mine. In not being sure as to what might fit, what might you recommend as to the source for proper mirrors that would fit my car?
Thanks for your assistance.

Posted on: 2021/4/19 15:27
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Re: Door mount side mirror for
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

GaryinSC
See User information
I just installed an outside door edge mount mirror on my 32 Packard. It came from Ecklers in Orland FL, and is of high quality chrome finish. They have several types available, this one is convex as I have a huge blindspot and since I drive this car regularly it is a must. I will need to change out the screw to a slot type as phillips were not used in 1932. Door gap was just enough to make the blind mount work.

Attach file:

jpg  Outside mirror.jpg (293.36 KB)
165673_607ed3df430b5.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/4/20 8:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Thanks. I went online to Ecklers and did not see any mirrors that matched your picture. Do you possibly still have their part number?
Thanks, again.

Posted on: 2021/4/20 10:30
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Roger, that mirror looks like the popular "Peep" mirrors used on hot rods and street rods. You may want to look on the Speedway, Summit and JEGS websites. You usually see them mounted to the top of the door. I mounted a pair on my 115C Convertible Coupe on the vent window frame. They were attractive looking and provided good rearward vision. The high mounting provides the best view. They did interfere with the vent window opening fully, but this was not a concern to me. The mirror shown in the photo looks original-like. Most attractive.

Here is a photo of the mirror installed.

Attach file:

jpeg  photo-1.jpeg (132.08 KB)
565_607ef90d20816.jpeg 1224X1632 px

Posted on: 2021/4/20 10:50
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Thanks. I'll definitely check those out.

Posted on: 2021/4/20 11:10
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

GaryinSC
See User information
Yes I purchased a peep mirror for my 32 Packard, Eckler's part # 374619. They were the only vendor that had the convex one. Matching flat glass one for the drivers side is available also.

Posted on: 2021/4/20 18:59
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved