Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941-1947 Parts Manual Utility section 50.000
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

TimE
See User information
Good afternoon, I am wondering if the the parts manual for the 41-47 cars had the utility section (50.000) like the manuals preceding and following. I have been using the earlier utility section on here to identify some of the fasteners, clips and other bits, but some are unique to the Clipper cars and not in the other manuals I referenced above.

Posted on: 2021/5/7 10:51
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941-1947 Parts Manual Utility section 50.000
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't believe there is a utility section for the Clipper book. I have used the 35-41 book to find most Clipper utility items but you might also see if something needed could be listed in the 48-54 utility section. The 48-50 models are for the most part facelifted Clippers and share a lot of their hidden parts.

Posted on: 2021/5/7 11:07
Howard
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

TimE
See User information
Howard,

I have referenced the 48-54 book and it does not seem to be as useful as the earlier one. I wonder what the reasoning was for omitting this section in the Clipper book.

Posted on: 2021/5/7 12:54
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Hard to say why there is no utility section in the Clipper book. I would imagine so much of the Clipper used the same items as the conventional bodies that perhaps it was felt it was not needed or maybe it was planned for a later revision or addendum and the war got in the way.

Even postwar it seems Packard got a little sloppy with the Clipper literature. Some literature has what appears to be a direct copy of 42 material showing some features that never made it to the 21st series. The lighted speedometer pointer in the electrical diagrams and the accessory book showing the AC control knob in the dash panel are two examples.

Posted on: 2021/5/7 13:23
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved