Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Well I Guess I am Now The Man To Ask???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard 1948
See User information
Hey there,

Some will remember that off and on throughout the last two decades I have helped my dad with his Packard 22nd

Nine years ago when he was 80 I installed power steering so that he could continue to drive his car and he was super happy with with the mod.

All along the way when I had questions...I asked the man who owns one...right here on this forum...and you guys have been a huge help!!! Very grateful for your experience and support.

Just last week my dad celebrated his 89th birthday and he said that he was not going to be driving his beloved Packard any longer so he gave it to me...

Kinda bitter sweet...as he said "it is the end of an era"

At least the car will continue to stay in the family and when I have questions I will continue to ask the man who owns one...and I guess people will now be looking at me when they ask...cauz I now own one!!!

Bill

Posted on: 2021/10/16 13:00
Bill,

Dedicated to keeping the man who owns one on the road!!!
 Top  Print 
Like (2)

Re: Well I Guess I am Now The Man To Ask???
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Congratulations! I'm sure your father is pleased to have his beloved Packard in such good hands. We're all stewards who have the opportunity to preserve these Packards while enjoying them. Please take us along too on your journey with it.

Steve

Posted on: 2021/10/16 13:45
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Because he knows that you'll enjoy it, too.

*applause*

Posted on: 2021/10/17 19:25
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard 1948
See User information
Thanks all for the welcome!!!

Posted on: 2021/10/19 19:47
Bill,

Dedicated to keeping the man who owns one on the road!!!
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved