Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 158

dallas, tabletennissport, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wire ampere rating for 1940 Super 8
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
I am installing a fuse panel and want to make sure the electrical devices have the correct fuse size.

Is there a manual that indicates the correct size fuse for the headlights, turn signals, heater, amp gauge to light switch, and cigar lighter?

I can guess based off of wire size but would rather have a document that I can refer to.

Thanks,
(still rewiring) Gar

Posted on: 2021/10/17 11:30
 Top  Print 

Re: Wire ampere rating for 1940 Super 8
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Some of the fuse and wire size information is in the Service Letter containing the 40 specshttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/SC/SL-VOL13NO15.pdf but you will need to search thru the service letter because the final pdf of the scanned copy was sort of scrambled when it was made ready for posting.

Headlights & dash lights are protected by a circuit breaker built into the headlight switch. Some models had a separate inline fuse for the tail and dash lights after the built in headlight switch breaker so in effect double fused. Not sure turn signals were offered in 40 but if they were, was typically fused at 9 amp in later years. OD was 30 amp. Heater was 20, radio 14, but almost everything else body and option wise was connected to one of the aux fuses on the headlight switch and both fuses were 20 amp.

Posted on: 2021/10/17 12:15
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: Wire ampere rating for 1940 Super 8
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
Thank You. Great Info!

Posted on: 2021/10/17 19:35
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved