Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 126

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Are some junkbay parts too good to be true?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Sometimes I buy parts off of junkbay. I don't do it for the money because I like having the stuff laying around and crap like shxtcoin doesn't do a darn thing for me especially because without electricity it would disappear.

However, I pass over more than I buy because the condition is too good not to be suspect. That is, some of that stuff looks stolen.

And parts do get stolen. I remember a Caddy 12 speedometer being stolen and the poor guy couldn't find another to save his life until someone at Hershey overheard him lamenting and just happened to have one at home.

If the part has visible drawer wear I will consider it, but if it looks like it came off of a car I let it go.

I'm talking about a very small subset of parts, the kind of things that sometimes are what a car needs to be complete.

Posted on: 2021/11/1 18:46
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved