Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
75 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 10 »

Packard NO RESERVE auction
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Link as found elsewhere, huge number of cars, some good, some not so good, but all selling at NO RESERVE.

https://www.collarcityauctionsonline.com/servlet/List.do?auctionId=727&page=info&lotId=195&startLotId=192&direction=next&categoryId=&filter=&showThumbNails=true#maincontent

I am late to advising the auction listing as expected from my prior discussion. Seems y'all have found it (yes Wat, that is the 47 I would expect you to be interested in, complete car, reasonably solid)
Yes, there are some good projects and some carcasses that should have been scrapped long ago. But when you have the space,why not keep them around, just in case.
Understand that NY did not have titles prior to 1974, so the paperwork issue is not as great as some may suggest.

Anyway, if you have any particular questions on any car/s, I do have my "man on the scene" who can investigate further or I may know the car otherwise.

Yes, long story on much of this, but the net is the auction is proceeding in the only real manner possible...no reserve and bring a trailer.

I welcome your further inquiries and questions, as I am quite familiar with all...

Posted on: 2021/11/5 21:03
 Top  Print 

Re: Packard NO RESERVE auction
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Hopefully this might clear the air a little.

It is the New York State BILL OF SALE form.

For Packards without a VIN plate I assume they will use the theft proof number.

I wonder what happened to all those keys?

I would certainly address the title issue soon after purchase. I knew someone who bought a Packard 12 from the original owner in a non-title state and had a terrible time with the Jersey DMV.

Attach file:

pdf mv912.pdf Size: 39.70 KB; Hits: 210

Posted on: 2021/11/6 18:54
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Tim, experiences differ. I bought a 1934 Packard from the original owner in a non- title state (NY) and had no problems with the NJ DMV. Just the signed NY registration and a tracing of the vehicle number was required. The NJ title was issued the Packard's VN.

Posted on: 2021/11/6 19:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
You're correct about using the registration, you'll have no issue. The problem is when they say they have no paperwork they mean they have no registration. As a lifetime New Yorker I can't count he number of times this state has made it virtually impossible to register cars among collectors with out the correct paperwork.

Posted on: 2021/11/6 19:36
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Here's a question: There are several pregnant customs scattered throughout the building. Most (all) are crap. Assuming they don't sell and the Old Iron man comes for them, what is to become of their hood ornaments and cloisonne hubcaps, which appear virtually to be their sole redeeming features otherwise.

If I could get one for $100 for the drivetrain, I would, but I haven't got time to haul all that crap home

Posted on: 2021/11/7 4:36
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
The miscellaneous parts issue is a lesson as to why this sort of hoarding should be liquidated while you still have your wits. If you are going to hoard unto death do it in cash.

There is that Caribbean with the air cleaner on it. If nobody buys it that part goes to the junkyard, however, once the scrapper hauls it away I'm sure they will sell those bits and pieces. Turnquist did it right, he shut down Claasic Cars Inc. and got rid of everything. These situations pale in comparison to the historic architecture that has been torn down for the same reasons.

I knew someone who was an expert at obtaining titles for these situations. It can be done, but he's gone. The biggest mistake can be talking to the DMV first and having them block the process. Seek out an experienced fixer and pay them to handle it unless you know how your state DMV works. I know of stolen cars that have not seen the light of day in decades and decades.

Posted on: 2021/11/7 9:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

Tim Cole wrote:
There is that Caribbean with the air cleaner on it. If nobody buys it that part goes to the junkyard, however, once the scrapper hauls it away I'm sure they will sell those bits and pieces.

I wouldn't be surprised to see those neat bits and pieces (hubcaps, Caribbean air cleaner, etc) "disappear" after the auction is over and people start showing up to collect their purchases plus whatever else they can pilfer.

Posted on: 2021/11/7 19:41
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

tabletennissport
See User information
I had the pleasure of viewing this collection when I visited Utica about 15 years ago. To say the least, it was mind boggling! One item seems to have escaped attention is Lot 115. Lois told me it is a former South American taxi which he imported from Argentina. The roll back roof and dual speedometers was most intersting. This car is unique, not as bad as it looks and deserves to be saved. If I was younger and not in Australia I would take it as a challenge.

Posted on: 2021/11/8 4:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
If you read the terms of sale, cars purchased will be dragged outside.

I understand that to mean nobody will be allowed inside those buildings. I'm sure the auctioneers are aware that people might attempt to steal parts off of other merchandise.

I don't know what they will do about the cars missing wheels, but if the buyer brings his own wheels and bolts maybe they will let them put the car on the ground to be removed without damage, but that isn't very clear.

Keep in mind as well that taking parts off of the unsold merchandise technically is shoplifting and subject to legal charges. And if you shoplift a candy bar and get caught you aren't allowed the option to pay for it and walk away. There is a growing data base concerning shoplifters and you don't want to be on it.

Posted on: 2021/11/8 6:49
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Tim is correct as to the concerns of having the cars remain exactly as photo'd, that is why the cars will be extracted, carefully on wheel dollies, etc., to outside the building. The whole objective is to carefully remove the cars, rather than have a bunch of cowboys with winches chains and adrenaline inside.
Additionally, in person viewing will be chaperoned to ensure safety, etc. (there is a roof leak and the floor is cordoned off in certain areas, but you can never be too careful.

I welcome any questions. Thank you for understanding the enormity of the situation.

DAF

Posted on: 2021/11/9 0:19
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 ... 10 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved