Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
64 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 63

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1948 Packard Build Sheet - who can read codes?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rob Rose
See User information
I found the build sheet taped up near the gas filler on my car. Mainly hoping the paint code is on here, but otherwise would be great if anyone can decipher the rest of it.

5926 2298 k 4452 EMC OD 08
UHD RV WSW FSE 219 BLA

THANKS

Posted on: 2022/1/13 10:36
1925 Packard 326 Runabout
1948 Packard Super Eight Victoria Convertible.
1948 Chrysler Windsor Highlander Sedan
1931 Ford Model A Tudor
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
1968 Honda CB 350

rob@robrose.com
 Top  Print   

Re: 1948 Packard Build Sheet - who can read codes?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Unlike some of the later years, don't believe the 22 or 23 series order codes are posted on site but they are in Bob Neal's 48-50 book.

If the paper is badly smudged and there could be reading errors then some of the numbers you have written down don't seem to jive with the model designations. 2298 doesn't seem valid so if you could post what model the car is then a couple more codes and numbers would make more sense because they were supposedly model specific. Here are the other constant across all model options.

EMC - Electromatic Clutch
OD - Overdrive
I think the 08 might actually be OB for oil bath air cleaner
UHD- Underseat heater and defroster
RV- Radio with vacuum antenna
WSW-Whitewall tires
FSE- Fender shield equipment (fender skirts)

Posted on: 2022/1/13 11:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Actually I just noticed the car in your list of cars. A Super Eight Victoria Convertible should be a model 2279 and one of the other sets of 4 numbers should be the sequence number -- both of which would make up your Vehicle Number on the patent plate.. If so BLA would be the optional black top instead of the standard tan, K is supposed to be a very early and then discontinued convertible paint color French Blue and 219 would be blue imitation leather and bedford cord upholstery. Do these seem to match what you have?

Posted on: 2022/1/13 11:33
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I seem to recall, I think the codes are in the back of the parts list but mine not handy. I'm late or I'd look.
Blessed to have found this, most aren't available and requiring sleuthing.

Posted on: 2022/1/14 9:29
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved