Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
68 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

alignment data Packard 1938
Just popping in
Just popping in

Kees de Koning
See User information
Dear Members, I was today at a tyre shop but I need the alignment data for the Packard 1938 coupe 1601. Is there anybody to help me with the alignment data because the shop needed it to complete the steering system and suspension. I have the Shop Manual 1937 1938 series but is not enough.With kind regards and Thanks from the Netherlands Kees

Posted on: 2022/4/4 13:59
 Top  Print   

Re: alignment data Packard 1938
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is a bit from the Oct 1 1937 Service Letter which has all the introduction specs for the new 38 models. No idea if provides anything more than in the service manual.

Attach file:

jpg  SL Vol 11 No 19.jpg (215.24 KB)
209_624b443d2b0b7.jpg 1838X1230 px

Posted on: 2022/4/4 14:17
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Part of the problem with having a car like these aligned today is the lack of parts. The Packard service dealers stocked the off-set bushings in various increments which were needed for camber and caster and without them, there is little that a modern shop can do other than adjusting the toe-in and toe-out. In other words, they cam make sure that the wheels are aiming in the same direction but can do nothing to their tilt.

Posted on: 2022/4/4 16:59
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kees de Koning
See User information
Thanks Forum Ambassador Howard for the info, I can this used and the tyre shop also!!!!! With kind regards from the Netherlands Kees

Posted on: 2022/4/5 14:35
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kees de Koning
See User information
Thanks Packard Don,Don Pierson, The tyre shop can handled this and with kind regards from the Netherlands Kees

Posted on: 2022/4/5 14:38
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved