Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

twin six vacuum clutch to throttle hardware, pics anyone?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
I'd like to see how the connection is made to the clutch control valve to the gas pedal. if there's a picture of a project, a facotry diagram, anything. I have some poor photocopy stuff in an old service letter reprint and can't see a thing. Thanks in advance, and I need the parts or have to make them.

Posted on: 2022/6/25 12:28
 Top  Print 

Re: twin six vacuum clutch to throttle hardware, pics anyone?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
It has been a long while and the best source is to find a car where they haven't dismantled the thing.

Anyway, in the first picture you will see the control from the steering column bell crank to the clutch control unit. This opens the valve to allow engine vacuum into the system. Next to that is the throttle valve which allows vacuum to the piston when the throttle is fully closed. This prevents slippage as the clutch disengages only when the gas pedal is fully released. Those two flat pieces of steel connect to the throttle rod.

The second picture shows the connectors hanging off the unit.

The third picture is from an Eight Deluxe where they have disconnected the connectors. Why? I suppose to disable the thing. If you look closely you can see them hanging. It seems those systems often are taken off and thrown away on the eight cylinder cars which is stupid because to disable the unit simply block the vacuum hose with a plug. I include this only to show there in nothing fancy about the connection.

If you find a willing character have them take one of those off and trace it on paper.

Hope this helps.

Attach file:

jpg  32 twin six.jpg (25.19 KB)
373_62bdfa2a917bd.jpg 582X515 px

png  32 Vacuum clutch.png (90.97 KB)
373_62bdfa3a37766.png 237X227 px

png  32 Eight Deluxe.png (82.00 KB)
373_62bdfa4d6528a.png 232X237 px

Posted on: 2022/6/30 14:33
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved