Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 111

Mike Chirco, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Odd Site Error on Image Upload
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I've seen this error before on images that were auto-named by mobile devices and may contain special characters of some sort but never on one I had named myself:

Protector detects attacking actions

Posted on: 2022/7/22 15:22
 Top  Print   

Re: Odd Site Error on Image Upload
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Check the title of what you tried to post. The most common item that message appears for is caused by any sequence of numbers separated by periods. Apple's default line format which includes screen capture time is a prime example. If I tried to post the image this sequence is the tile for as is, it would give the same error msg.

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 10.51.34 AM

The website thinks the numbers and periods is a rogue IP address trying to hijack the post and sends up the message as it kicks you out. In the example the time info after the word "at" needs to be edited out and then it will post without issue.

Posted on: 2022/7/22 15:39
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It was a standard jpg that I named myself and was sending from the PC. No odd characters involved which is why I was surprised to get that particular error.

When one does get it from a mobile device, it’s a simply matter of re-selecting the image which renames it automatically on the fly but in this case it was not an auto-generated name like that.

Posted on: 2022/7/22 21:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Also, more than half the time I try to submit something, I get an Invalid Submission error and the only way around it is to log out, then back in. I appears that it detects inactivity while writing but if so it must have a very short timeout time!

Posted on: 2022/7/23 21:06
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved