Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 146

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Interior 1936 senior club coupe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

series014
See User information
I was trying to find out what the original seat upholstery stitching pattern was for a senior 1936 club coupe. I looked at the pictures posted online and some I have seen at concourse, and many have different pattern on the seats.
Does anyone know if there was a stock Packard seat pattern for 1936 senior cars or was the pattern ordered by the customer? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted on: 2022/7/28 17:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Interior 1936 senior club coupe
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Excluding cars with custom and possibly series-custom coachwork, each of the models had their own unique upholstery patterns. Eight different from Super Eight different from Twelve, 120 different from all of them.

Have you looked thru the original factory photos at the Michigan State collection? Though not common there were occasional photos of interiors.

Which model senior do you have, I may have some photos of original cars that might be helpful.

Posted on: 2022/7/28 17:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
The sales brochure has a picture of an Eight interior which might help a little. Your best resource is, of course, an original untouched example which is tough given the number of nice original cars I've seen go to pot. Reupholstered cars are not what I consider a fool proof source even when done by the best. The patterns can be okay, but always there is something that catches my eye as a taken liberty.

As far as customer special orders, Packard would do anything. If the customer wanted something different the car probably would end up at Murray for special trim work.

And leather was an option for closed cars if you want a more continental interior. Very few made this choice, but I have seen original leather door panels on two cars with cloth interiors.

Posted on: 2022/7/28 21:00
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

series014
See User information
Thanks, the sales brochure sent me in the right direction.

Posted on: 2022/7/29 5:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved