Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
54 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 53

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Mod 826 CD840 and CL896 Generators
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Fred
See User information
Greetings from the Wetcoast.
I have a '31 826 with generator/charging problems. I have a CD840 and a CL896 generator.I also have a CL896 with a CD840 end housing with a CL896 brush holder assembly installed.It charged heavy for half an hour then quit. The CD 840 was an old rebuild from a shop that has gone away. Didn't work period. CL896 worked as it should then after about 8 running hours the brush housing dismantled itself. On inspection, there were some old cracks and a couple of new cracks.I replaced the housing with the correct one and gave it to a rebuilder to test. He says the 840 will motor but no output. The question...Are there any wiring drawings of the generators and their regulators? The 840 has an Echlin reg, but not charging. The 896 that worked but broke also has an Echlin reg. The original 896 had a Packard 20220 reg which quit charging, then was dropped and brush end broken. Do you feel my pain? I bought this car after the owner of 40 years passed away.I am trying to make sense of it all.Sorry if I ramble but...

Posted on: 2022/8/26 19:33
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved