Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

What model is this?
Just popping in
Just popping in

OldPackardPrick
See User information
I just bought this 1937 Packard for $975 and I want to get a title for it so i can restore it, but I don't know what model it is, it has a 6 cylinder engine, let me know if anyone knows what it is, thanks.

Attach file:

jpg  20220904_140736.jpg (725.25 KB)
225766_63191c51dfb84.jpg 1920X1594 px

Posted on: 2022/9/7 17:33
 Top  Print 

Re: What model is this?
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
It's a 1937 115 sedan or touring sedan. If the trunk is flat it's a sedan, if it has a hump it's a touring sedan. It's a 1082 or a 1083

Posted on: 2022/9/7 18:40
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

OldPackardPrick
See User information
Thanks for getting back to me, the trunk has a hump, I called it a humpback,now I know it's a touring sedan.

Posted on: 2022/9/7 19:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
If you open the hood, the VIN plate will be on or above the firewall in brass with the VIN number on it. If you post it here we can tell you with certainty.

Just curious, what's your location?

Posted on: 2022/9/7 21:01
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day OldPackardPrick,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '37 115C Touring Sedan in the Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2022/9/7 22:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

OldPackardPrick
See User information
I'm in NJ, the tag with the vehicle number is missing from the firewall,there is a number 81436 on the engine below the starter, could this mean 8-14-36 maybe the date when the engine was made?

Posted on: 2022/9/8 5:29
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No, not the date the engine was made. But it would be the date the foundry cast the engine block.

Posted on: 2022/9/8 7:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
ps: they didn't really have "VIN" numbers until 1964 when the Fed safety act was passed. Each manufacturer had their own system.
Packard had a series identification #, followed by model designation #, and production sequence code #. That would've been on that body plate tag.
From the looks of things, I doubt there's any paper in it.
I don't know if they used the theft numbers stamped in the firewall back then, but some have used them for titling. All depends on the state, what they accept and won't accept.
It took about 9 months down here to get a title for the '49 whihc had all it's info, so you may want to make sure before you dump a bunch of money in it.
Looks a lot like one I had looked at from FLA, and passed because the body was eaten up with salt air conditions. I've since ruled out pre-war vehicles as candidates.

Posted on: 2022/9/8 9:34
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
I know, but I use VIN as it's most easily understood, and the number is used as the VIN number on titles. It's broader than "patent plate" as 55+ Packards technically don't have patent plates (and the term is obscure to newcomers), and "makers plate" is easily confused with the body number plate.

Posted on: 2022/9/8 11:14
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
They had VIN numbers, just not standardized VIN numbers. A VIN is a Vehicle Identification Number whether standardized or not as it is a number that identifies the vehicle with some makes and models providing more or fewer details than others coded into the number.

In any event and I hate to say is, but as a licensed VIN verifier, I would have advised to steer clear as you’ll have a very difficult time at best for titling it.

Posted on: 2022/9/8 11:15
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved