Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1934 Radiator removal
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bill Hawley
See User information
I have been chasing a problem with the car not cooling. I've forward and reverse flushed both the engine and the radiator at least two times each. I have taken the water pump off and it seems to be functioning correctly. I took the water jacket cover off. The cylinder bank looks OK. The water jacket cover is intact and unobstructed to all the holes. My guess is the radiator has some clogs in it, a by-product of using an ill advised cylinder head repair solution some time ago. Bottom line is that I think I need to take a hard look at doing something with the radiator. So...any suggestions of what to look out for or do?

Posted on: 2023/1/12 15:24
 Top  Print 

Re: 1934 Radiator removal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Suggestions include performing a radiator flow rate test, and checking the radiator for hot spots indicative of blocked or restricted tunes. Both are quite standard diagnostic tests for radiators.

Posted on: 2023/1/12 16:55
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved