Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
34 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

120 Front fender identification
Just popping in
Just popping in

120Fender
See User information
I have a front fender which I thought was for a 115, but it isn't. It must be a 120 but I am not sure which year, 1936 or 1937. I tried Max Merritt but Fred said he did not know. I know there are subtle differences between the two years. Does anyone have an example that I can compare mine to? I would greatly appreciate it, I have been trying to figure this out for over a year.

Posted on: 2023/1/26 20:42
 Top  Print   

Re: 120 Front fender identification
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day 120Fender,
to PackardInfo but sorry I can't help with your query.

Instead, I invite you to include your Packard, presume it's probably a '36 or '37 115 from your post, in PackardInfo's Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2023/1/26 21:13
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
The slight difference is in the area between the headlight and where the front fender intersects with the hood corner/grille shell.

When I have some time, I'll post some picture of a 37 fender and we can go from there based on your fender.

Can you post some pictures of yours, particularly in that area with measurements?

Posted on: 2023/1/26 21:31
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Gary Kulp
See User information
The easiest way to see if it is a 115 or 120 is to count the holes that hold the inner side panel on. 115C have 4 holes and 120C have 5 holes. The measurement of length of a 115C fender from the running board edge to the front edge below the bumper braces approx. 73 1/4 inches measuring inside, next to the hood about 2 to 3 inches in and hold your tape against the fender instead letting it bridge. One trick we use to do,when you could still find them in a salvage yard, was cut a piece of string that length to take with you to check on any you might buy.

Posted on: 2023/1/27 16:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
In Dar Kuehl's book The Production Packard, there is mention of a different grill angle between 35-6 fenders and those for 37.

Attach file:

jpg  fender.jpg (23.90 KB)
209_63d4486f1d7b9.jpg 986X192 px

Posted on: 2023/1/27 16:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’m picturing a tilting BBQ! Surely the book meant grille rather than grill.

Posted on: 2023/1/27 21:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
I’m picturing a tilting BBQ! Surely the book meant grille rather than grill.

Unfortunately it looks like both his and my spell checkers just recognize a word is not horribly mis-spelled. Sadly it does not appear to be smart enough to catch how the word is used in context and recommend one of the subtle differences in spelling.

From what I am reading on various news sites A.I. is coming on strong and is already advanced enough to write school papers and news articles. Am sure it will soon take over but until it does we can all enjoy the chuckles an occasional goofed word provides.

If I correctly remember a story one of my friends told, on road trips one of our still active vendors used to heat his lunch on the cylinder head. Maybe the spelling is correct after all and the "grill" could be used as a BBQ.

Posted on: 2023/1/27 22:18
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I was just teasing but once in Costco, there was a huge banner reading “Hot Water Heaters” that gave me and my literal mind a start. Why would you need a heater to heat hot water?

Posted on: 2023/1/27 22:33
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved