Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1948 Super Eight Convertible Fuel Tank and Straps
Just popping in
Just popping in

jaime navarro olivas
See User information
looking for a fuel tank with straps for my 1948 Super Eight Convertible

Posted on: 2023/3/29 17:11
 Top  Print   

Re: 1948 Super Eight Convertible Fuel Tank and Straps
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Until fairly recently about the only stock type fuel tank option for any Packard made prior to the 1951 models was finding a good used tank. Those tanks have been well picked over so still finding a good one may be hard to do. Add to that most of the used tanks will need to be cleaned at the least, and maybe also need some sort of repair and the price starts climbing.

A couple of years ago a reproduction 48-50 tank was finally made available. I believe it is a 20 gallon tank but it is expensive. You might enquire at the vendor for specifics and if straps are available but unless you get lucky it could be the best option available today.https://www.ebay.com/itm/185408231022

Before the repro tank was available another owner modified a 53-4 Chevy tank which does fit but requires some work. It is closer in size to the smaller 17 gallon tank and even with the work needed, Chevy repro tanks are considerably less expensive. If you do not need absolute stock it might be something to look into.

Posted on: 2023/3/29 18:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I have a NOS tank available 22-23rd series. $600 plus shipping.

Posted on: 2023/3/29 19:43
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

jaime navarro olivas
See User information
Can you please call me so we can talk, anytime is good 442-216-8007 thanks

Posted on: 2023/4/1 9:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
You have a great solution from the flackmaster, but I just want to say that the Moparpro repro tanks, expensive as they are, are really well made. For years we begged the usual suspects with pre-order promises to make these new tanks. Kanter has metal straps. Steele rubber has the cushion strips for the straps and McMaster has stainless t-bolts and nuts.

Posted on: 2023/4/1 19:02
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved