Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 Interior for patterns
Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry Reber
See User information
I have finished the interior replacement on my 1937 115c.

Now what to do with the remains of the original.

I have all of it headliner to floor.
original door cards etc.
NOTE: the rubber front mat was 50% gone and back carpet came from different model.

The material for the seat covers were seam picked to make it flat for duplication. I even still have the spring burlap bags.

So_

Is there any interest from the group for the pieces to use as patterns for your car?

Posted on: 2023/4/1 21:25
Larry Reber
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 Interior for patterns
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

pmhowe
See User information
Hi Larry,

I have read all the posts on your thread and am thoroughly impressed with the job you and your friend did on your Packard. The interior of the car turned out absolutely stunning.

Please don’t throw them out. I don’t have a 1937 Packard and can’t use the patterns. Nor do I have a place to store them. However, I think that they would be a treasure to any individual wanting to redo his car, whether he does it himself or hires an expert. I wonder if the Packard Club has a way of helping to retain the patterns? Anyway, please hold onto them until you get a positive response from someone or get so fed up with having them stored that they just have to go.

By the way, I read (and downloaded for safe keeping) the slide show you produced. The insights I gained should help me greatly when I do the upholstery in my car. Thank you for posting it and thanks for your project blog.

Phil Howe

Posted on: 2023/4/3 14:39
Phil
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
I want to chime in also, I don't need the patterns but I agree with everything Phil said. I may have already replied on the other thread but I appreciated the slide show. Very interesting and informative.

Posted on: 2023/4/3 15:25
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry Reber
See User information
I do have room for now to stow the peices away.
So for the time being moth balls , plastic bags, attic for the storage
Thanks for the comments.

Its been fun getting it to this point.

Larry

Posted on: 2023/4/3 23:35
Larry Reber
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved