Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 108

kevinpackard, BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1950 Packard Door seal question
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Chris
See User information
Is there anyone out there who remakes the door seal that screws into door 'A' pillar between the leading edge of the door and the fender? I couldn't find an image of it in the plates, but I'll take a picture of it when I get home tonight.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted on: 2009/7/2 14:44
 Top  Print   

Re: 1950 Packard Door seal question
Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Yes, Steele Rubber Products page 468 of the 2009 catalog. Cost $160 pair.

Posted on: 2009/7/2 16:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Cost $160 pair.

Cough, choke!! I need those too, as well as the rest of the rubber! I might have to see if I can make some....

Posted on: 2009/7/2 16:55
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

calcustom8
See User information
I want to make some as well, I managed to save the original metal piece and from the steele catalog it looks like I could cut one from a strip of sheet rubber but I am not sure of the shape, and dimensions.

Any ideas?

For rest of the seal, I used a 3M #8001 from Kragen. It was a little fat but after a few months it as settled in and is working OK.

Posted on: 2009/7/2 17:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Can't help on the dimensions, as mine's only the steel backing now. I would think that a piece of rubber weather stripping could be cut and fitted to the steel backing with no problem. Even if it lasts only a couple of years, it would still be worth it to me to spend $5 every couple of years than $160 every 5 or 10.

Posted on: 2009/7/2 17:51
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Chris
See User information
Thanks for the replys guys! Well I guess I'm going to be making some in the future. I still have the metal strips but the rubber has parted ways on both cars. $160 bucks..... sheesh

Posted on: 2009/7/6 11:47
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

calcustom8
See User information
I was thinking about a 5/8" foam "camper top seal" glued to the metal strip. I am guessing this to be the approximate width and thickness.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 17:59
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved