Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
97 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 37 »

Randy Berger's 1956 Caribbean
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I am the new owner of an old 1956 Caribbean. Can you see the grin on my face? It is not restored, but is well on its way. I brought the parts up 05/31/07 and the car will be hauled up by enclosed trailer. The paint code is VMV, Corsican Black - Dover White - Corsican Black. According to PAC roster for this vehicle there were 15 VMV cars produced. The trim code is 96 which is red and white leather and gray boucle cloth. I think Boucle is French for burlap, but what do I know? I have attached a pic of what it should look like several thousand dollars from now. In any case I am happy to announce my new acquisition on this forum and I hope I'll be just as happy albeit a little poorer when I say IT'S DONE!

Attach file:

jpg  (18.90 KB)
23_4660b55016b1b.jpg 504X390 px

Posted on: 2007/6/1 19:09
 Top  Print 

Re: Randy Berger's 1956 Caribbean
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Here's the way it looks now.

Attach file:

jpg  (34.40 KB)
23_4660b713e65b7.jpg 800X618 px

Posted on: 2007/6/1 19:17
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I ordered a product called "Rust Bullet" because of comparison views and opinions that it worked better than POR-15. After cleaning off the frame and applying it I will post my opinion of this product in this thread.
The first order of business is to pull the front clip, yank out the engine and tranny for a steam and repaint and do the chassis and engine compartment. I contacted the fellow who rebuilt my 400 trans in 1991 and he agreed to rebuild this one also. The car runs well enough, but as long as it is out of there I think it makes sense to rebuild it. I know it hasn't been touched since 1974. I guess I'll call Max or Kanter to see if they have a brake reservoir kit. I need a new fuel line and thought I would design an electric fuel pump circuit while I was at it. It would just be to prime the engine for easier starting, saving wear and tear on the starter. I'm itching to get started or maybe I just need a good shower?

Posted on: 2007/6/1 20:33
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Congrats on your new arrival!!!

Posted on: 2007/6/1 22:02
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Randy, that's a fake Caribbean built from a 400, it's totally worthless, and you need to ship it to me ASAP!!!

All kidding aside, nice find, I just hope one of those comes my way some day!

Posted on: 2007/6/2 0:38
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Congratulations Randy !!!! The paint on the car looks GOOD!! How much restoration does it need??? How many miles are on it??

Posted on: 2007/6/2 6:15
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Keith, there are a little over 63,000 miles. It needs a lot of work - a new top, an interior, an exhaust system, engine compartment detailed, etc, etc. It will keep me busy for a while. And thanks for the congrats!

Posted on: 2007/6/2 13:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard
See User information
Congrats on your new project

Posted on: 2007/6/3 2:53
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Randy -

Congrats on a great find!

It's always nice to see another one of these cars come out from under the woodwork and into the hands of someone who will do them proud.

I bet there are plenty of great Packards that aren't listed on any roster. As such, be sure to add you new Packard to the Registry here. We wanna see all cars listed there - regardless of present condition. The beauty of this Registry it is that, aside from being user-driven, it can be updated at anytime with new or revised info and pix. Best of all, it is published for the benefit of all to see - not just the priveleged few.

I look forward to updates on your progress in this great blogspot for Packard owners.

Posted on: 2007/6/3 10:21
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Dan White
See User information
Congrats and here's wishing the two of you many happy miles!
Dan

Posted on: 2007/6/3 18:44
Proudly owned by Princess Pricilla Packard!
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 ... 37 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved