Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
79 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

radio antenna vaccume
Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
How do you replace the vaccume line to the antenna? I can see it but I cannot see a way to reach them.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 8:04
 Top  Print   

Re: radio antenna vaccume
Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
lots of lookers but no advice. hm!

Posted on: 2011/6/2 7:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't know which year you're asking but if you could identify or post a picture of the hoses, that might help. My 47 is apart right now but that antenna was on L fender and, as I recall accessible from underneath. The space between the fender and cowl side where antenna is located was open to ground. Unsure if other applications or years have the same arrangement.

Posted on: 2011/6/2 9:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
As Howard said, you can access the vacuum cylinder and up/down vacuum hoses from below. It's located just behind the mud shield on the cowl... probably the same as the Clippers. It's a little snug. If necessary, the mud guard can be moved for better access.

Attach file:

jpg  (57.74 KB)
188_4de923876aed8.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2011/6/3 13:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
Thanks guys. I got the car out today and really looked it over and realized yes you can see the connections from below. I guess I am going to tackle that this weekend.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 14:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
I have a question that you might be able to answer. Can you replace the antenna cable on the these?

Posted on: 2011/6/7 20:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Problem you going to run into is a new antenna side connector like this that accepts a pin probably won't be easily found. They haven't used this style for a long time. Radio side not as big an issue unless it's an oddball size.

Possibly some of the old time radio shops or even a vendor might have a new cable or a connector. There might even be a military surplus that is similar but otherwise you would have to reuse what you have. Depending on how deteriorated the rubber or insulating parts are, they might not survive the change.

There are modern coax radio antenna cables available but the diameter would be totally wrong and at least one end connector, if not both, would have to change.

EDIT: I just tried a modern cable in the 47 radio. It is standard size so all you need to worry about is the antenna end.

Attach file:

jpg  (17.44 KB)
209_4deed123a48c4.jpg 640X290 px

Posted on: 2011/6/7 20:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved