Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
88 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 85

Ross, Don B, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

hello , a long over due update on my 1952
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
hello everyone. i have not been on this site for a while . i had computer troubles and just got back on line. I just got acquianted with this site last july when i bought my first Packard.
Here in Hilo< hawaii we get a lot of rain this time of year and i have had way too many projects that have kept me away from my car.
I tried to get the packard started, but it wasn't too willing. i always refer to this site for help. So yesterday i set out to replace the plugs, wire, cap and rotor . etc.
I noticed the old plugs were very loose. only hand tight, and very black. I replaced the plug wires because i noticed one was bad,,,it broke.
i worked real hard on the distrib. made it clean etc. cleande all the wire contacts, replace some old wire. new cap,rotor& points. I had a great time doing this. i just took my time. today she started up with out too much trouble. and i drove around the neighborhood.
this site sure is a big help. found out about lubricating the distrib. in 2 places. all great info.
now that i have the new computer i want to get more pix posted.

Posted on: 2012/1/16 21:22
 Top  Print   

Re: hello , a long over due update on my 1952
Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
the rebuild of the vacumb windshield motor is easy and fun ,u need that one for the rain ! theye are based on a paddle which swings back and forth insode the housing driven by vacume being switched from on side to the other ,the original grease inside the things is ancient and hard which is why the things dont work so well .use silicone grease ,remember how it comes apart and theres some teensy parts to not loose ,especially little teeny screws ,I used carefully applied licquid gasket material instead of a gasket kit and it worked fine

Posted on: 2012/1/17 22:55
 Top  Print   

Re: hello , a long over due update on my 1952
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
hey, thanks for the advise on the wipers. i have read quite a bit on here aabout the wipers. haven't got to them yet . but i appreciate your advice....
Now i am reading up on the distributor, trying to set the timing. etc. wish me luck.

Posted on: 2012/1/19 15:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved