Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 109

BigKev, 29tons, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

37 120 rumble seat lid removal
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
I am trying to remove lid to the rumble seat on my 37 120 coupe convertible. The left hinge and the wood on the lid have separated so that the lid/seat back is weak on the driver side. I have the hinge pins/bolts out but I do not see a way for the hinges to clear the sides of the body?

Any ideas? Thanks for any help,

Rod

Posted on: 2012/1/25 17:45
 Top  Print 

Re: 37 120 rumble seat lid removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Have you removed the seat cushion back from the lid? I too needed to do some wood frame joint repair on my 115C, but did it with the lid installed.

(o[]o)

Update: I just went out in the garage and looked at my rumble seat lid hinge brackets. You must remove the cushion back from the lid, then you should be able to remove the hinge brackets from the lid. There are two screws that fasten the bottom of the cushion back to the lid. You must first remove the seat cushion to get the back removed. You may find you can do the repairs with the lid in place. I glued joints and added brackets to effect my repairs. It worked.

Posted on: 2012/1/25 17:50
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
Thanks for the help! yes, I see the two screws on the bottom of the back cushion. Not an easy place to get to!!

Once those screws are removed, how does the cushion come off? Does it lift up, pull out, slide down? I assume there must be some type of slip bracket towards the top of the cushion that is holding the cushion in place?

With your help, I will get there eventually,

Rod

Posted on: 2012/1/26 13:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Rod, If I recall correctly, the back cushion simply lifts out after the screws have been removed. You may need to jostle it a bit to get the brackets on the top part of the cushion loose from the brackets on the lid forward edge. Please post some photos of the job, if you get a chance. The 120 and 115C convertible coupes share the same body from the A pillar/firewall back. Lots of wood framing back there.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/1/26 16:17
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
yes, I will try to take some pictures as I progress. Will be out of town for the weekend so the project will be at a standstill until next week. Will update when I get back to the project.

Thanks for all the help,

Rod

Posted on: 2012/1/26 18:56
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved