Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 82

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Caribbean Script on 1955 Caribbean Front Seat
Home away from home
Home away from home

John McCall and Mitch Parker
See User information
Now here's one for you experts...! If you look carefully at the prestiege catalog for the 1955 senior Packards, you will find that the Caribbean convertible is shown with a chrome "Caribbean" script on the lower side of the front seat shroud. I have never seen this in production 1955 Caribbeans. Has anyone?

Posted on: 2012/6/23 13:03
1956 Packard Caribbean Convertible
1956 Packard Patrician Touring Sedan
1938 Eight Touring Sedan
1949 Custom Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Caribbean Script on 1955 Caribbean Front Seat
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It's shown in the dealer album as well but can't say I ever paid attention to the picture or car to know if it was really there.

Would hope someone at Packard came to their senses and dropped it. If it is there then really well recessed or fastened. If not, could see anyone reaching for the seat buttons or a lady getting into the car with a flowing skirt or coat making short work of the script. If the script caught some clothing and tore something, am sure someone would hear about that as well..

Attach file:

jpg  (14.09 KB)
209_4fe606f360476.jpg 292X277 px

Posted on: 2012/6/23 13:12
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Caribbean Script on 1955 Caribbean Front Seat
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Details for the front seat side shield are listed in the parts book, beginning with Gr. 30.9381. The only name plate shown is under Gr. 30.938193, "BODY BY PACKARD", with different P/Ns (hence, design) for 55th vs. 56th.

I suspect the showroom album illustration is another preproduction concept that didn't make the cut.

Posted on: 2012/6/23 18:58
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved