Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 197

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Dads old car
Just popping in
Just popping in

medic
See User information
Hello all.

I need some help trying to decide what to do with my late fathers car. It was our family car for many years and has been parked in the carport for 15 years. Mom is looking at moving out of the house after 60 years and none of us kids have the desire/ability to keep it. It was last run about 7 years ago and regularily looked after before that as dad was a retired mechanic.
It is a 400 series sedan and all original except the paint. There is also some parts in the basement, bumpers and misc parts.
I'm looking for advice on what my options are and if there is a demand for something like this out there and thought this site would be a good place to start.
I have included a few pictures and it is located in Victoria on Vancouver Island.

Thank you in advance for your help. You could either post here or mesage me on my email below.

Cheers
Dave Laharty
david.laharty@bcas.ca

Attach file:

jpg  (79.82 KB)
5214_511c08a582c36.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (91.80 KB)
5214_511c08b810331.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (101.07 KB)
5214_511c08c3811c1.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (90.94 KB)
5214_511c08d307702.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/2/13 17:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Dads old car
Just popping in
Just popping in

medic
See User information
I forgot to add. It is a 1952 and the seats have the original uphostery under the vinyl. Dad covered them over in the 50's so his 5 kids didn't wreck the seats.

Posted on: 2013/2/13 17:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Dave(medic),
to PackardInfo. for telling us about your Dad's '52 Patrician, from the pic's displayed it certainly appears well looked after. And I invite you to include the Packard in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

A PS - My daughter and her husband spent about 9 months on Vancouver Island as part of a working holiday. They loved it!

Posted on: 2013/2/13 22:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Judging from the look of the grille and windshield, I would say that your dad's old car is a 1953 Packard. I think it is special to have a car in the family for so long and be able to pass it to the next generation. Many of us here wish this would have happened to us or be able to do this.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/2/14 11:14
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Dave, your dad's Packard is something special and is unfortunate that it can't be kept within your family. Might a family friend be interested in caring for her? Just a thought to keep her within reach? I know that my dad had sold his '56 Packard Executive back in 1968, before he passed in 1984. I would love to have that car and would pay dearly for it. That's what kind of people we are, sentimental and love to talk to anyone who will listen

PS...If you must sell her, there are many that would be interested. There is a forum here on PI (Post-war Packards) that you can post questions and even one to advertise it for sale.

Posted on: 2013/2/14 13:42
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

medic
See User information
Thanks for responses gentlemen. I was lucky enough to have lots of conversations with my dad when he was sick prior to his passing and some of them involved the Packard. He had known for many years that his children wouldn't be taking it but would try and find someone who would appreciate it. We've just left it be untill mom informed us she wanted to sell the house so now I need to look at getting informed as to its value and the demand for it. I have also made contact with a local Packard club to have someone come and look at it.
I appreciate your time and any advice you have to pass on.

Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2013/2/14 14:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved