Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Cool Xmas for BigKev ?? READ THIS NOW PLEASE
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
You think this website is pretty cool? Oh, yeah, it's the coolest thing to hit the Packard hobby since Jesse Vincent strapped ski's to the front of the boat-tail speedster and went for a spin at the Proving Grounds in February. If you've been on here a while you know all about the resurrection of BigKev's back of the storage lot rat hotel to family approved jewel. And all this while he has established, monitored and oh by the way, PAID FOR this website.

Now is your chance to show how cool YOU think Packardinfo is - there is a known conspiracy here now for you to join to deliver a 1954 Packard A/C system to BigKev in time for Christmas. I mean, with the car nearly done, what's BigKev to do on a cold winter night anymore?

The rear air-conditioning unit has been procured, and Ross Miller has kindly agreed to fabricate the compressor brackets. What is needed is as follows - All of this is from oldairproducts.com, as researched and confirmed by Ross. The prices are in line with otherwise commercially available items.

Compressor 21-4510 $195.00
Condenser 11-1621 $170
Receiver/dryer 21-321 $29.95
Dryer bracket 41-0322 $6.50

In addition to these 4 items, Kevin has agreed to set aside any specific donations which you earmark for "operation A/C hoses"

Now, no one is expecting you to singularly pay for the compressor or condensor, unless you want to :), so you are going to have to help figure out with who to join the conspiracy to ensure this lands under Kevin's tree before Xmas morning.

Kevin is aware of this string, but has promised not to monitor or twist any arms. I'll do that. Go ahead and post if you, or if you can create a group, to acquire these items. PM me for shipping address.

And on behalf of BigKev, thank you very much.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 18:05

Re: Cool Xmas for BigKev ?? READ THIS NOW PLEASE
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
oh, and one more thing...I reserve the right to keep bumping this in order to keep it visible in the "Recent Forum Topics". Thanks for understanding. DAF

Posted on: 2013/12/2 21:04

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
At the moment, here downunder, I'm doing my bit for Christmas as a department store Santa. However I'd jump at the chance to join a group of members so that, once the northern Summer comes again, BigKev will be the coolest when out cruising. Unfortunately I can't offer a delivery service on Christmas eve because that's an extremely busy time for me, I'll have to rely on others for that. So, if there are other members who'd like to join with me please post here. We can sort out the details by PM or email once we have enough on board to cover the costs including shipping. Speaking of shipping it would probably be cheapest to have the lot shipped as one package, would it not? In that case we'd need to procure all that specified by the Flackmaster, all up being $401.45 + A/C hoses plus shipping. And, to get the ball rolling, I'm in for US$50.

Attach file:

jpg  (19.76 KB)
226_529d5edc1c067.jpg 288X512 px

Posted on: 2013/12/2 23:31
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Flackmaster,

I just sent $50 via PayPal.
My PayPal comment was "A/C Xmas for Kevin"

I have not been active on Packard Info in last two years.
BUT I greatly appreciate Kevin's work and this website.
I have relied on others comments, posts and the vast information available here.

I am a recipient of Kevin's generosity. He has gifted us all by establishing, expanding and supporting this website over the years.

SO, Merry Christmas, BIG KEV.

Dan Leininger

Attach file:

jpg  (71.04 KB)
464_529d651fba6da.jpg 768X1024 px

Posted on: 2013/12/2 23:59
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
David, great idea. My donation is on the way: "AC for Kev".

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (36.06 KB)
565_529e0079aae9a.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2013/12/3 11:02
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Just finished shovelling about 2'of snow at 0F so hard for me to to think about Airco. Fifty bucks on the way also.

Posted on: 2013/12/3 12:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
This is a great idea. I'm in for part of it too. I'm not as rich as some of you guys out there since my health has gone south but I can go $25. The donation is on the way under "Donation for Kev's AC". I think that all of us here can donate at least $10 or $20 to this project and let any spare change go towards keeping the site up. I know that I'm on this site a few times every day just checking out the new posts.

Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope that you all have a blessed and safe holiday season.

Gene (setting on the side of Sulphur Ridge and looking out at Clinch Mountain in East TN)

Posted on: 2013/12/3 13:10
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thank you everyone....I am quite flattered and really don't know what to say. **blush**

As DAF mention, they Xmas elves delivered this to my door step last week. Now to track down documentation on it.

One curiosity is that the unit had four (4) hose fittings. I would have expected only 2.

Now I literally unboxed the unit and only had a gander it for about 5 mins before I had to leave for various work trips, so haven't had a chance to look it over and figure out how this unit is supposed to work. But it has four different hose connections, and two separate (non connected) blowers. Not sure if this is a AC/Heat combo unit or what.I guess I need to dig out the documentation on this '55 Packard trunk mount unit.

So hose connectivity, wiring, control, and mounting are the items that need to be researched.

Attach file:

jpg  (107.43 KB)
1_529e1e33b9b6e.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (106.47 KB)
1_529e1e3c63dea.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (115.77 KB)
1_529e1e42c70e9.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (91.63 KB)
1_529e1e4909ebd.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/12/3 13:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Except for the compressor part, see how close this info will be. At least it will be a start until a real set of instructions comes along. I think the basic Novi made unit Stude used is the same -- just a different label for the Packard application.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 941.66 KB; Hits: 63

Posted on: 2013/12/3 14:21
Howard

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
I am sure the Kevin can figure out this unit.
I have seen only one A/C that was in the trunk of a 1941 - 160.
I am just glad to see responses for this thread, whether parts, donations, good wishes -- they all count.

Kevin is a cool guy, but even a cool guy needs A/C in LA & So Cal.

Keep up the support!

Dan

Posted on: 2013/12/3 16:21
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved