Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 115

r1lark, Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

6 inch wide wheels
Home away from home
Home away from home

bigmoparjeff
See User information
A local wheel dealer has a 15x6 wheel from a 1951-54 Packard in his collection. I was wondering if all 15x6 wheels have the larger bolt pattern that's used on the 1948-50 Custom Eights? I'm aware that his wheel doesn't have the clips for the wheel cover, but that's ok, as it would just be the spare. It's in excellent condition, cheap, and delivery to my house is free, so it's a good deal if it will fit.

Thanks, Jeff

Posted on: 2013/12/10 11:35
 Top  Print 

Re: 6 inch wide wheels
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Yes, it will fit and may still have the mounting holes for the hubcap clips even though the clips are missing.

Posted on: 2013/12/10 14:22
 Top  Print 

Re: 6 inch wide wheels
Home away from home
Home away from home

bigmoparjeff
See User information
Thanks, The wheel arrived yesterday. Not quite as nice as I expected, but still very good. Just needs a quick media blasting and a coat of paint. It's straight and the beads aren't rusty, which makes for a good start.

Attach file:

jpg  (45.15 KB)
5012_52a9fddeb8483.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2013/12/12 13:18
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved