Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
96 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Painted or Not?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The 4 door sedan, does it have stamped numbers on the firewall?

You mean the theft-proof or body dash number? If you enlarge the photo you can see the triangles but no numbers in between. Other photos show the theft-proof clearly visible at this stage so I'd suspect it's one of those very uncommon 1955 Connor Ave cars that don't have a number. There are 2 or 3 known cases like that and a few others with numbers far out of sequence - numbers in the 1936 range.

On the photo you posted, can I assume the painted # (1035?)matches the VN? I presume the "88" identified a 5588.

Posted on: 2014/3/14 9:10
 Top  Print   

Re: Painted or Not?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
OD,
That is correct.

You can also kind of make out BWL in the middle of the firewall. I think that what it is. I will have to look at the photo again. If you notice the bottom is kind of erased, is because the bottom was sandblasted, and they came up over the seam.

And no there are not any numbers between the triangles.

Posted on: 2014/3/14 9:39
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved