Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
68 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 67

Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: battery replacement advice for 1952
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Check the build dates and pick the newest one!

Posted on: 2014/4/6 16:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
I think it has been mentioned before-check out Tractor Supply-they carry the long narrow batteries used in 21-23 series. The last one I purchased was about $85-I think they have gone up since then however.

Posted on: 2014/4/6 19:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Quote:

Tim49 wrote:
the battery I have now is the one HH56 recommended.
It takes two days to charge and then in 1 wk the multimeter only measures 4.5 volts. so in 1 wks time it loses its power. and I make sure I have left nothing on. and the battery is 4 years old.

Hmmmm...geez Tim, not sure how much life you are looking to get out of a battery but 4 years is considered above average down here in Florida. I'm the poster that HH mentioned in his post and had been through two Advanced Auto Parts batteries in 2 years in my '53. I had a little better luck with Tractor Supply batteries in my 6 volt Farmall Cub getting about 2 years each out of those. One of the main reason's I chose the O'Reilly's battery that HH provided the link for was because it is made by East Penn Manufacturing, the largest independent battery manufacturer in the world and the same folks that make the Deka batteries. A friend who has been in the automotive electric business for 40 years suggested that I try the Deka or a battery made by them so my research supported the O'Reilly's Super Start. If it lasts the same five years that my previous two 12 volt Dekas gave me then I'll be more than satisfied.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 9:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Make sure you check the manufacturing date on the NAPA battery. I had 3 of them go bad when I put them in the car and found they had been sitting on the shelf for several years with no float charger. I finally gave up and bought a battery from a large battery warehouse.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 14:27
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved