Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 97

29tons, John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 35 »

packards in tv and movies
Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
like the title says....

in the history channel episode on trucks and trucking, they showed a clip of a film from the 50s that shows a pererbilt rig. a 1953 packard pulls in behind the fetured truck. it has the verticle taillights that i belive mark it as a clipper.

also, in the movie Duel, by spielberg, there is a 46 packard in the junkyard dennis weaver is hiding next to.

anybody else seen any good ones???

Posted on: 2008/10/16 22:15
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print 

Re: packards in tv and movies
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
One of my favorites is the original 1951 "Day the Earth Stood Still". Several seconds of a 22- 23rd series. Car stops, they open the hood and then when earth starts again, close hood and drive off.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 22:26
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
'Hairspray' has a a couple of really great shots of a 55 or 56 Packard 400, Jamaica Yellow and Dover White. And the old TV series 'Ellery Queen' the title character drove a late thirties Packard coupe.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 22:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
If you really want to see a mid thirties Packard roadster used alot as a tow car for a race car. You want to stay up late one evening, or very early for the B movie Daredevil Drivers. I have never been able to find a dvd or vhs on this movie, but it will surface every once in awhile on TCM, or similar network. Stars are Dick Purcell, and Gloria Blondell. The first fifteen or twenty minutes of this movie has Purcell racing around the public roads in the Packard until it is wrecked. If anyone can get a copy of this movie please let me know. Thanks Todd.
Also I believe the movie The Bank Dick, with W.C. Fields has a wonderful chase scene using a Packard convertible sedan.

Posted on: 2008/10/16 22:56
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Check out the Barry Levinson movie "Diner" from 1982. The movie is set in the late 1950s in Baltimore (where else with Levinson?) and had big participation with the local Packard club, a '53 Carribbean and other V-8 models parked along the street. I dare say you didn't see so many 1950-'56 Packards in real life in the streets, if the old pictures I have seen mean anything.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 7:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
My favorite is "Patton" where during WW2 a 1948 Packard drives into the scene. Major goof. The list of movies with Packards is pretty extensive. It's a game in my household picking them out.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 8:16
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you watch the older B&W films on Turner Classic Movies, you'll see a gaggle of old Classics including many Packards. Other more recent films that come to mind quickly are the opening scene in "The Hustler", a 51 or 52 sedan, and the end of "Doctor Zhivago" with a 48 Custom 8 limo if I remember correctly. Also "Chinatown" of course. And the list goes on and on.

Posted on: 2008/10/17 8:54
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Guscha -

I believe I stumbled across that site a few years ago. A few of the references, then, were not correct (not actually a Packard they saw), but I found quite a few that had never been documented before. Now, the site seems to have grown not only in the counts, but with built-in statistical and search utilities - very handy.

Thanks for the update!

Posted on: 2008/10/17 9:48
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Watched the 2006 "All the King's Men" with Sean Penn and Jude Law late last night. Liked the movie, and it has a nice looking '54 in it in a number of scenes.

Posted on: 2008/10/18 18:43
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
good stuff guys! any more?? there has to be!

Posted on: 2008/10/21 21:49
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 ... 35 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved