Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
174 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 174

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 »

Re: Howard's 47 Custom project
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Trunk -- original finish and after flocking.

Attach file:

jpg  (140.63 KB)
209_58da79404cff9.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (72.47 KB)
209_58da794cadecd.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (106.82 KB)
209_58da795feb184.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (95.28 KB)
209_58da796f3dda6.jpg 1280X657 px

Posted on: 2017/3/28 9:55
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Hi Howard, saw this on a picture in Craigslist, of the trunk of a 48 and the wire for the inside trunk light, didn't know if you were still interested so I'm justing posting for reference.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (98.71 KB)
1003_5a614ee186e53.jpg 1200X900 px

Posted on: 2018/1/18 20:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Directly to the right side of the AC housing there is what appears to be a small battery and somekind of an electronic circuit board or something. What is that for???

Posted on: 2018/1/18 21:43
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Wes, thanks for the photo. I did mine similar except I kept the wire on the left of the hinge and entered a hole on that side rather than crossing over the hinge.

Keith, that is a pair of 6v batteries and a switching module. When AC is off they are in parallel to charge but when AC is on they switch to series for 12v to AC. I have not decided on keeping the arrangement because it is a bit much. Am leaning toward simpler using a small alternator adapted to run in place of the PS pump on the back of a Chrysler generator. Will charge these two always in series or possibly a small 12v hidden and sealed battery.

Attach file:

jpg  (78.70 KB)
209_5a616f2ed1b23.jpg 1280X638 px

Posted on: 2018/1/18 23:00
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
In case anyone has noticed, there is not much happening with the car. Lack of motivation for working on the remaining mechanical stuff has struck big time but still dabble in small things I can do sitting or without a lot of physical effort.

Been working on a project to reproduce my missing upper radiator splasher in fiberglass since originals seem to be gone in many cases and apparently not that readily found from parts cars. Wes loaned me his original so I could make a mold in silicone to lay the glass into. Too bad there are so many versions of such a simple piece but this one apparently fits only the 42-7 non AC Super and Custom models. Unknown what is different or would be needed to fit others.

Here is the first one after only a quick trim out of the mold. Even with the errors made in the fiberglass layup (I remember now why I dislike fiberglass work) it is respectable which quite honestly surprised me. Will be completely serviceable with some finish work and painting but will probably make another one or two to see if I can improve the process. Am debating how best to finish the edges so they appear more metal like but the rest is quite presentable.

Attach file:

jpg  (123.39 KB)
209_5af5b44715c71.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2018/5/11 10:18
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
I smell a side business here!! It is looking great!

Posted on: 2018/5/11 13:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Great-looking part! I wish I lived closer to you to volunteer to help and learn (or re-learn) some things!

Posted on: 2018/5/11 21:20
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for the kind words. Still a work in progress as to the best way of finishing the thin edges without the fiberglass construction being obvious with just a look.

Posted on: 2018/5/12 8:45
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Howard

"In case anyone has noticed, there is not much happening with the car. Lack of motivation for working on the remaining mechanical stuff has struck big time..."

Hope that funk lifts, I've followed your progress and have learned a lot. I'd like to see you enjoy driving that Custom Super Clipper and letting us in on the fine experience.

Steve

Posted on: 2018/5/12 8:51
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Howard,

I saw your Custom Super Clipper in the metal, when I visited in 2012, and progress at that time had slowed to a stop. I'd like to think in some small way this contributed to your taking up the tools on it again. After all the work you've done since then I'd hate to see it stagnate. So, when I'm in the US later this year, if you need me to swing by again to "rev you up" I'd love to do so. Current travel plans would have me in your garage Monday 22nd October, mid/late morning. Just let me know.

Posted on: 2018/5/12 17:01
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved