Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

New 1937-53 flywheel ring gears & rebuilt Packard pressure plates, clutches
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
As always, when I find good sources for our Packards, I believe in singing their praises. For the sake of a squealing pilot bearing that would wake the dead --it would surely have put the kibosh on Britt Reid and Kato's activity -- my '47 Super Clipper's transmission had to be removed. The factory flywheel ring gear had seen better days, so we got a correct new one from Jerry Pasquariello in NJ for $99 postpaid, shipped pronto. Jerry was a pleasure to deal with, but what amazed me, given Packard's propensity to tool themselves to death, is that all 1937-53 Packards; six, 282, 356, 288, 327 eights, use the same ring gear. Contact Jerry: pask0101@yahoo.com, (973) 890-9682 and tell him you were referred by a happy '47 Super Clipper in the Bay Area.
Like many, perhaps most, 1940-50 356 owners, my car had the usual modern interchange, a Ford F-Series 11-inch clutch, which worked fine. (I recall back in the 1970s the interchange for a '40 Packard 120 clutch was a Ford tractor.) Despite being in good condition, I figured as long as the transmission was out, why not install a rebuilt Packard pressure plate and relined clutch disc. Jeff Adkins, Moose Motors in Penngrove (Petaluma) in the North Bay has the correct jig for rebuilding and adjusting the fingers according to Hoyle/East Grand. Jeff still has some good cores but would surely welcome yours. Jeff has for decades owned a '47 Clipper, and can supply most chassis, mechanical, driveline parts for Packards, and brake parts for every old car under the sun, also rebuilds carburetors and other components. Prompt turnaround. I've known this worthy for years: 1 (707) 792-9985, packardguy54@sbcglobal.net

And, as so often, Howard (HH56) was unstinting, accurate advice. I am among those here gathered owing this patient gentleman our thanks. Thanks, also, of course, to our year 'round St. Nick, aka Big Kev.

A splendid Yule, Hanukkah, winter solstice, twelve days of Christmas -- i'm a traditionalist and oft wonder why merchants erase all traces of the holiday on Boxing Day, the 26th, like embarrassed drunks, when the 25th is but the first day of Christmas, especially as they've been milking the holiday since September --
and a safe, healthy, smooth 2019 to all.

Posted on: 2018/12/20 16:45
 Top  Print 

Re: New 1937-53 flywheel ring gears & rebuilt Packard pressure plates, clutches
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Don't forget Happy Saturnalia which was the Roman holiday being purposely obscured by moving Christmas over it rather than in April where it belongs! Anyway, I too am a huge Howard fan but didn't want to tell him that for fear his head would grow too large for his hat. I guess the secret is out.

Posted on: 2018/12/20 18:55
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved