Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Install backup light
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
I bought a switch From max in great shape which has the bracket....I think..

BTW, the asphalt loom will be great for the aux fuel pump...too.

Posted on: 2017/5/17 9:10
 Top  Print   

Re: Install backup light
Home away from home
Home away from home

PennyPackard
See User information
Realize I'm resurrecting here, but thought I'd stick to the already existing thread. I'm trying to also resurrect the backup light and license light on my 49 22nd series deluxe. It appears to be the type mounted just below the trunk rather than to the bumper. I think I can get it to work, but I'm wondering if there's a gasket missing or another bezel/spring piece to hold the reflector bowl off the back of the housing. As is it looks like the connector from the hot wire to the bulb would short out on the housing/ground. If I'm not missing something, I feel like installing a strip of heat resistant gasket or something over the connections would be easy insurance against shorts. Any thoughts?

I've attached some pictures of the back where you can see the mounting spot, and some of the disassembled light. The back of the reflector bowl is on the right in the picture, and the assembly housing inside is on the left.

Attach file:

jpg  (233.15 KB)
181869_5d40c42846efe.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (194.26 KB)
181869_5d40c444a47b4.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2019/7/30 17:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved