Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 96

Ross, 29tons, John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31)

Re: ZIS 110
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
For whatever reason he left, I would like to thank him for allowing me to find someone on the other side of the world that appreciates cars as much as I do.

He enriched my knowledge of cars from around the world and I think we can all say that we are all better for having known him. His posts were very hilarious and humorous.

Good luck to you, and hope to bump into you here at Packardinfo once again in the future.

Thank you for the personal message before leaving, you will be missed.

I say goodbye to you with a short video of a classic Russian video clip that always makes me laugh. Just like he always did.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwGFalTRHDA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwGFalTRHDA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Posted on: 2010/8/30 23:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Im as confused about Gerds departure from the forum as anyone els here is. I can say this about him: he was in a way my teacher and thanks to him I learned to respect more of the USSR craftsman work. Also thanks to his posts (wich are deleted new ) I learned why people find the ZIS cars to be important in history.

John is right that I and some other forum members who have knowledge of USSR vehicles have to continue the work, Im not as educated in thous matters as Gerd was, but that dose not mean we should give up new.
The work must contineu even if its whiteout Gerd.

I hope we will meet again one day Gerd!

Posted on: 2010/8/31 2:22
Dreaming about a 1954 Packard Clipper
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
I had a short, pleasent PM from Gerd that also mentioned he was preparing a surprise. Didn't get to look for it last night so sat down here at the tube with my coffee this morning.

Shocked, and very sad. We have lost one of the most interesting minds on the forum, and an incredible resource.

Can't speculate as to the cause, perhaps it was external. Perhaps it was internal. Anyway, lets all keep civil tongues in our heads (fingers) as we don't need more carnage.

Anyway, Gerd, you are very welcome here any time. Ich habe oft besucher aus Deutschland. Komm mal vorbei.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 6:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
A sad day and a loss for all. I gained an appreciation and respect for the ZIS/ZIL cars due to his sharing of that knowledge, which cannot be easily replaced. Since I hope this leave taking by our main guru of the cars of the USSR will be only temporary, I say only: Do svidaniya, tovarishch.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 15:32
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I started this thread about 3-1/2 years ago when planning a cruise of the Baltic, I arranged during a port call in Stockholm to see a ZIS 110 in the process of restoration.

There has been some progress, here's a pictorial update, via pg. 1 of 4 in an article in a Swedish collector car publication. Some of the earlier pictures are in post #35. Owner is Johan Berg.

Attach file:

jpg  (167.81 KB)
177_4f47ff0aad882.jpg 1027X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/2/24 16:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I don't know if these have already been posted or not but this appeared on Facebook today in a private ambulance group of a ZIS-110 ambulance which is stated is a 1947. According to Wikipedia, the first ambulance was 1948 so I have no idea which it actually is!

Attach file:

jpeg  (81.47 KB)
60923_5df28aa41cab2.jpeg 840X630 px

jpeg  (61.63 KB)
60923_5df28abc8118b.jpeg 604X453 px

Posted on: 2019/12/12 13:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I don't know if these have already been posted or not but this appeared on Facebook today in a private ambulance group of a ZIS-110 ambulance which is stated is a 1947. According to Wikipedia, the first ambulance was 1948 so I have no idea which it actually is!

Posted on: 2019/12/12 13:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
I started this thread about 3-1/2 years ago when planning a cruise of the Baltic, I arranged during a port call in Stockholm to see a ZIS 110 in the process of restoration.

There has been some progress, here's a pictorial update, via pg. 1 of 4 in an article in a Swedish collector car publication. Some of the earlier pictures are in post #35. Owner is Johan Berg.

Okay. I have known Johan for several years and have also visited him in Stockholm. I rode in his 1955 Clipper hardtop, I've seen his other Packard and viewed his magnificent ZIS-110. Here is what it looked like on my last visit.

I have been keeping up with ZIS-110, ZIL-111 and GAZ-13 Chaika since the 1950s and I have a substantial collection of literature on these cars. I saved the 8 x 10 glossy photos taken in the 1950s when a ZIS-110 (owned by Trend, Inc.) was serviced at Earle C. Anthony Packard dealership in Los Angeles. I also saved many, many more. I have friends throughout Europe and Russia. And I had a good friend from Texas who was once a consultant to the Russian car industry. A very good connection to have.

Like the old guy (John Huston) said in the movie, "Chinatown"... "I've still got a few teeth left in my head and some friends back in town..."

Attach file:

jpg  ZIS110Sweden.jpg (377.79 KB)
1249_60480a667de1d.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/3/9 18:56
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved