Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

‘29 633 Mel, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: 1947 Packard Super Clipper full frame engine trans for sale
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Don't feel bad. You owe nobody an apology. It's your car, you're building if for your dad.

Now somebody else has the chance to own Jack Palance's Chassis & engine. Believe it or Not.

Posted on: 2020/2/18 18:53
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Wasn't someone on here working on adapting the later Packard power steering to a 1948-50 car? Also I have wondered about using a frame mounted remote brake booster for power brakes.

Posted on: 2020/2/18 19:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Quote:
Don't feel bad. You owe nobody an apology. It's your car, you're building if for your dad.
I second that sentiment. Everyone has an opinion - it's what makes the world go round. That some differ from others just keeps it interesting. Even hot rods (Tim); while they're not for me, and very obviously not for Tim, some folks think they're great. Different ships; different longsplices... Chris.

Posted on: 2020/2/18 20:13
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I'd like to see a blog started on this build. Be interesting to see what goes into a project like this. John

Posted on: 2020/2/18 22:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Packard newbie, But no longer a Packard just the shell of a Packard. For it's day it was the car of the day, but not to today. Most of the time when people see my car just sitting in the driveway, asked what kind of car is that and as always I say Packard and most of the time their next question is who made Packards? Old car are like time machines, has to make a person wonder how it can run without a computer in it controlling everything. Most people need that, as I see with the way they drive. Today's car are beautifully made today but 30 maybe 20 years from now what will they be like to work on or can we? I guess as they say "A car is only new once".
My two cents!
Wes

Posted on: 2020/2/19 8:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Right, and why rebuild Notre Dame when it can be torn down and turned into condos?

Posted on: 2020/2/19 8:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Exactly. I'm betting the 70 year old body ends up on 50 year old chassis/engine technology (full frame/pushrod V8,maybe solid rear axle). That's not "modern" - it's just less old.

Since you mention Notre Dame de Paris, St Stephen's in Vienna, and downtown Warsaw show what restorers can do in architecture.

Posted on: 2020/2/19 10:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Wes, I am absolutely 'with' you on this, just saying that not everyone agrees with US, and that that's okay. I wouldn't do that to ANY car, never mind a complete Packard, and especially one with that provenance. In applying for collector plates for my car, I had to take extensive pictures of interior/exterior, front, back, sides, etc. The young girl at the insurance office looked at the photo of my dash and said: 'I couldn't drive that car, it doesn't have a touch screen'. There was an older guy, also waiting for plates, that knew my car, and he looked at her and said: 'Girl, if you saw that car in person, up close and personal, it would make you weak in the knees', to which she didn't have much response or reaction, but I sure had a good chuckle over it! I have tried to keep my car as original as reasonably possible and even at that, have had to make a couple of concessions along the way in the name of economy and practicality. It becomes a matter of degrees sometimes and what I might be able to live with, a fellow purist might consider heresy. To each, his own, I guess.... Chris.

Posted on: 2020/2/19 18:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I have a collection of favorite Hot Rod pictures. I can't decide which one I like best. Here are a few favorites.

There is a great line from comedy: "Hot rods are just high performance engines without any safety features."

Attach file:

jpg  (14.06 KB)
373_5e4dcf51cb024.jpg 259X194 px

jpg  (45.84 KB)
373_5e4dcf62478fe.jpg 650X433 px

jpg  (55.13 KB)
373_5e4dcf72dd42b.jpg 541X720 px

Posted on: 2020/2/19 19:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
I certainly 'get' your point, Tim.... hope you can see mine. I don't like loud cars, I don't like jacked up cars, and I'm certainly not big on seeing a huge blower sticking up through the hood of an otherwise, perfectly good vintage car, but like so many subjective things, there are a few million people who'd want to argue with me. And a lot of those cars probably would have ended up on the scrap heap, were it not for the rod enthusiast. And SOME (very few, IMO) are very nice-looking and tastefully engineered machines. Just not my cup of tea... Chris.

Posted on: 2020/2/19 20:33
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved