Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 134

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Brake junction block for master cylinder
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
Dear all, does anyone have a source for the brass connector on the master cylinder? it connects the brake light switch and brake line to the cylinder. the part number on Packard 1.010. I guess this is no unic packard part. I have found very similar at Willys Overland, but they have got not the 7/16"-24 thread.
i attach a photo from my broken part.
thank you very much in advance, BR Josef

Attach file:

jpg  (81.97 KB)
161075_5ee793ade6431.jpg 1080X1920 px

Posted on: 2020/6/15 10:28
Packard Super Clipper 1947
 Top  Print 

Re: Brake junction block for master cylinder
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Are you sure about the Brake Light Switch, because mine ( 47 Clipper) screws into the back of the bolt that goes though that block. The two Brake Lines attach to that block only.
Besides that what is broken on yours?
Wes

Posted on: 2020/6/15 11:53
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
Dear Wesley , please have a look on this photo. the switch is assembled with the hollow screw in the brass connector, together with two break lines. connected to the master cylinder. in the part book the brass part is no 01.010. i have destroyed one brass thread and one of the taper. I guess there is no safety way to repair the thread. because of the high pressure in the system.

Attach file:

jpg  (130.62 KB)
161075_5ee7b08a56be5.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 2020/6/15 12:31
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
The junction block was supplied by Wagner Brake and used mostly by Packard with some Nash and Hudson applications.
The Wagner part number is FC3836 and an online search shows that it may be available from the Berns Company in California. You would have to contact them to see if they actually have them.
Otherwise, a good used one would be another option.

Posted on: 2020/6/15 13:46
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
that sounds very good and it will bring me in the right direction i guess. i will search for it. thank you very much! have a nice day. BR Josef

Posted on: 2020/6/15 14:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Also, 1.010 is a Group Number, not a part number. This same group number might have several different part numbers for a given year. The Group Number is used to get you into the proper area of the parts book where you can then find the part number.

Posted on: 2020/6/15 14:54
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Josef Lichtenberg
See User information
after a lot of trials, now i have fixed the problem. to remember. I had some fluid leaking in the area, banjo bolt, junction block- brakelight switch. i have changed the junction block, the banjo bolt nothing realy helps. i have changed every time with every dissassembling the copper seals. but it was still leaking a little bit. talking with different experts one idea was to make a "heat treatment with the copper seals" this brought final the success. I heated the rings with a torch until they glow, and cooled them down with water. this made the copper more soft. made them able to seal better with lower torque. it looks like even with all new rings they are sometimes to hard for this kind of aplication. BR Josef

Posted on: 2020/6/29 10:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Glad you worked it out but cooling then in water actually causes them to be more brittle. If you are trying to soften them, let them cool on their own.

Posted on: 2020/6/29 12:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Willys and 1940-48 Fords also used that brass block.

Posted on: 2020/6/29 15:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

ptv wrote:
Willys and 1940-48 Fords also used that brass block.

Not sure about Ford as there is no listing in the 1951 Wagner Brake catalog for any Ford master cylinders or fittings.

The brass fitting used by Willys is a Wagner FC5985 which looks the same as the Packard fitting but has one branch for a 1/4" tube fitting and the second one for a 3/16" tube fitting.

The FC3836 fitting used by Packard has both branches machined for 1/4" tube fittings.

Posted on: 2020/6/29 17:43
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved