Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Recent Comments
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 71

r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Back-Up Lights on 50 Deluxe
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardDon
See User information
As I understand it (and perhaps this is a bit overly simplistic with my limited knowledge of that era of Packard) your car isn't exactly a 1949 renumbered as a 1950 but rather that Packard went by series with the 23rd lasting a year and a half. It was due to federal law that they had to have a model year so those after a certain date were numbered as, and called, 1950 models. Since they had not been numbered as 1949, they couldn't have been REnumbered!

Posted on: 2020/9/20 1:29
 Top  Print 

Re: Back-Up Lights on 50 Deluxe
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Don, the only difference between a 1949 23rd series and a 1950 23rd series is the data plate. The 1950 data plate has a '-5-' between the model and serial numbers. I have the build sheet for the car and it shows it was originally numbered as a 1949. The Briggs body tag also shows a serial number that is consistent with the build sheet. The factory stamped data plate shows a very much higher serial number and the '-5-'. It is definitely a factory renumbered 1949 model.

Packard renumbered many unsold 23rd series 1949 models as 1950 models. The late author, Robert J. Neal, agreed that my car was a renumbered model.

Posted on: 2020/9/20 8:45
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
1940 120 4-Door Sedan
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2021, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved