Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
86 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 36 37 38 (39) 40 41 42 ... 146 »

Re: KPack's 1954 Panama
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
I might recommend Brillman for your ground wire and John Uhlrich for your heat shield, if he carries one for that year.

Posted on: 2020/11/5 14:33
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Thanks, I'll have to look into both. Brillman made my spark plug wires, and though they are the correct style they are super long. Like at least an extra 6-12" of length for each wire. Makes it look messy and gets in the way.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2020/11/5 15:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
So far no luck finding the vacuum lines

Did you try Classic Tube? They list them as a set but they also have countless parts that are not listed in the online catalog.

Posted on: 2020/11/5 16:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Afternoon Kevin...You should tell Brillman...They might send you a proper set. Good companies want to know when they fail to supply parts properly...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/11/5 16:45
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Easy to shorten the spark plug wires. Simply remove the push on terminal from the distributor cap end, move the nipple up the wire, cut to desired length, reattach terminal, and install on cap. Rinse and repeat.

Posted on: 2020/11/6 11:50
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Don - I did check with Classic Tube, but they only have stuff for the 359 engine. Not sure if the tubes would be the same for the 327. I'll probably just end up learning how to bend my own. Money will be better spent on a windshield and gasket.

Ernie - I'll shoot them a message and let them know so they can adjust their lengths for future customers.

JW - Sounds simple enough. I'll give it a shot and get everything tidy.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2020/11/6 13:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
I did check with Classic Tube, but they only have stuff for the 359 engine. Not sure if the tubes would be the same for the 327.

I posted the parts book entry a few pages back and it shows the same for yours and the 359 so the lines are identical. The only difference is whether power brakes or not and yours has the power brake connector so the part is the same.

As I mentioned, Classic Tube lists parts based on what the customer told them they were from but they do not go through the trouble themselves of cross referencing them. (Whenever I have them make parts, I make sure they are listed for all appropriate models.) That's where the parts books come in handy. Same part number, same part.

Posted on: 2020/11/6 13:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Sorry Don, yes you did post that. And yes they have the same part number so they should be the same. I'll check on pricing with them. When I talked to them it comes as a set of 4 vacuum lines, not sure if I can get just the two I need.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2020/11/6 14:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I don't know what the set of four would be unless they're including the vacuum advance line but I can't think offhand of a fourth! Maybe the automatic choke tube? Anyway, they make their lines to order and you can buy one single line or a set.

Posted on: 2020/11/6 14:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Parts are on order to finish the fuel pump install.

In the meantime I started applying sound deadener to the inside of the car. Got the roof done today.

Materials:
-Noico 80 mil sound deadener sheets: Amazon
-Noico roller: Amazon
-Aluminum tape: Amazon
-Scissors
-Gloves
-Heat gun

The mats consist of a layer of metal foil and a layer of butyl rubber. There is wax paper covering the butyl, which is peeled off and the mat placed on the car. The roller is used to firmly apply the mat to the metal. The bumps on the foil are an indicator if you have applied enough pressure with the roller...they should be flat after using the roller. The mats can be easily cut with a normal pair of scissors. Be sure to wear gloves because the sharp edge of the foil will cut you.

Application should be done above 53 degrees. I used a heat gun to heat up the roof a bit to be sure I had good adhesion. Rolling every square inch of the roof was torture on my shoulders and arms. As a last step, I put aluminum tape over every joint, as well as all around the edges. That should seal everything up and is an extra layer of security.

A couple of notes:
1.) The mats have no smell to them
2.) I used just over 5 sheets to do the whole roof (9 to a box)

Click on the video link to see the comparison of before and after. I used the same force when knocking on the roof. And the roof hasn't been washed since I bought the car, so forgive the filth: YouTube

-Kevin

Attach file:

jpg  (103.58 KB)
1059_5faa26aad1fbf.jpg 1024X576 px

jpg  (91.09 KB)
1059_5faa26b85b349.jpg 1024X545 px

Posted on: 2020/11/10 0:35
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 36 37 38 (39) 40 41 42 ... 146 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved