Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 23 »

Re: Packard Trips
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Thursday morning...Took Miss Prudence to breakfast this morning to meet Lynn Wright, a Model A friend at a little outdoor cafe mid way between our homes...parked her with the window down in clear view of the restaurant patio. Prudence and the A drew a good few on-lookers...one young lady walked up to Prudence, walked all around her and then stuck her head in the open window and looked around...then looked over at Lynn and I (the only ones on the patio) and waved to us and said 'Do you guys own these cars'. we nodded and she flashed a big thumbs up and went on her way...Lynn and I just winked at each other and went on with breakfast...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/11/19 12:22
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Ernie,
Interesting how folks approach vintage vehicles, isn't it? This being my first, ('39 Six) it's taken me a bit of getting used to how onlookers seem to 'take liberties' when it comes to 'rubbernecking' and doing walk-arounds. It's almost like because the car is so old, it has somehow become part of the public domain. I've even had people open the door and look in!! I took exception to that and not-so-kindly asked the onlookers to 'look but don't touch' and they were somehow offended!! MOST people seem to 'get it' and keep their distance, but there's always that dufus that thinks it's okay to stand on the running board while having their picture taken!! I guess that's why they have to put signs on cars in museums! People!! Chris.

Posted on: 2020/11/19 15:09
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Yes...I agree with you. Our cars are so unique and interesting that curiosity gets the best of people...A friend of mine has a sign that says 'Please don't touch unless nude'! Seems to have worked so far! Ernie

PS...Had Prudence at the ACE Hardware the other day and a fellow with a new Maserati closed his door and came over to check out Miss Prudence...I did not go over and look at his machine...I just smiled...and answered his questions...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/11/19 15:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Afternoon...I went to the ACE Hardware in Miss Prudence this morning and the old girl ran great...On the way home, I noticed David Packard sitting at the corner of one of the side streets off of Via Linda in his 48. We gave a toot to each other! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/11/28 18:03
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Ernie,

How often do the two Packards cross paths?

Posted on: 2020/11/28 18:59
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Evening Mal...Not too often as we tend to go to different places...perhaps two or three times a year. Dave also has a Model A Fodor...We might pass in the Model 'A's once or twice a year as well...We used to have breakfast now and again prior to Covid...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/11/28 19:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Yeah you'd think people never seen a real car before...

Posted on: 2020/11/28 21:34
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
How often do the two Packards cross paths?

Once while driving along in my 1941 Henney-Packard, coming toward me in the opposite direction was a 1948 Henney-Packard! The other driver didn't even as much as glance my way so you would think it happened all the time.

Posted on: 2020/11/28 22:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
I was entering the 'T' intersection from the secondary road that was obligated to stop, and while I was waiting for the approaching traffic I noticed the car leading the pack was Ernie high balling along with the right of way. If you can imagine two guys doing 'jumping jacks' inside their cars to get the attention of another driver . . . that was us. Not sure the other drivers picked-up on the fact that two late forties Packards were at the same intersection.

At a quick glance our cars are identical . . . of course they're not, mine is a 22nd, and Ernie's is a 23rd, but both are 4 door deluxe touring sedans and are painted the same color, therefore to the folks stalking the ACE hardware parking lot they're twins . . . they don't know exactly what they are, but surely twins. I just couldn't pedal fast enough to catch-up in-time, but caught a glimpse of the '49 making a turn to the north about a mile after the encounter.

I suspect a lot of the 'breakfast joints' we would visit have not survived the COVID-19 situation. Personally I've pretty much stayed home since spring. What I've learned since is that my wife is a pretty darn good barber. Before her first attempt we both agreed my hair would grow back and I had a lot of baseball caps.

dp

Posted on: 2020/11/28 23:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Since there were no shows or events to take the '53 Clipper to, its had mostly local 'exercise' mileage every few days. Here are a few photos taken when our Fall color was at its peak. I waited for the late day 'golden hour' sunlight and was able to time a Norfolk-Southern freight train into the background. The location is just east of town, a farm field road that has a nice rise providing a scenic view. Enjoy!

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (148.53 KB)
409_5fc98c5d45039.jpg 1000X636 px

jpg  (172.72 KB)
409_5fc98c75e93b7.jpg 1000X693 px

jpg  (176.10 KB)
409_5fc98c8527bc2.jpg 1000X750 px

Posted on: 2020/12/3 20:10
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 23 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved