Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
35 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 35

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Speedometer not working needle is stuck Glass broke also
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

56PKRDGUY
See User information
I want to thank all of you for all your suggestions!!!

HH56 thank you for the great procedure you wrote and the color coded wiring too. I will be taking the cluster out of my parts car first. Again cold here in Connecticut will wait for a warm spell. Taking this cluster out of the 56 Packard parts car will be great practice so I will be able to take it out of my 56 400 easier... Thanks Again Gary

Posted on: 2020/12/19 19:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Steve, you take all the fun out of it! I love sparks so I just rip it apart, then figure out twenty years later how to put it back together. Just kidding! Marking everything is a great plan and I wish digital cameras existed when I took my cars apart so long ago.

Posted on: 2020/12/20 4:14
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

56PKRDGUY
See User information
Ok I was able to remove the old cluster but it was a little tough. I ended up on bolting the dash from the top next to the window and pulling back the dash and sliding the cluster up and out. So I removed speedometer from the cluster and then very carefully I pulled back the tags and took out the fragile glass. So when it gets warmer I am going to remove the only the speedometer from behind the dash that is not working on my 56 400 and then take out the 4 screws that hold cluster in and push it back so I can remove the glass and install new glass and then put in the new speedometer from behind. Hopefully much easier.

Posted on: 2020/12/31 10:28
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved