Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 22 »

Re: Website
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jim/KB1MCV
See User information
Hi-
The website changes allowed me to update the picture of my car in the owner registry.
Thanks.
However several lines of 'trash' have appeared in the description and history.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=2160

Jim

Posted on: 2021/1/27 12:56
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Those text box controls were previously "Rich" Text boxes. Those types of controls are now seen as a security issue as they could be used to inject nasty stuff into the website. So those controls were removed and replaced with just regular text boxes for the time being. What you are seeing is the leftover "Rich Text" formatting that was part of your entry. If you want, you can just edit your entry and delete that extra stuff and everything should be fine.

Sorry for the hassle.

Posted on: 2021/1/27 13:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Updated the Forum module with the latest version from the open-source group that created it. So it has minor bug fixes and the like in it.

I had to dovetail back in the changes I made. The recommendations I made to them have been incorporated into the base code now. But since then, I've made other changes. So I had to splice those back in.

Posted on: 2021/1/27 15:27
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I typically read on iPad where it looks much better now. Even my simple family history site, which is the only one I have that I didn’t create myself, is difficult to upgrade so I always put it off too. It has custom programming too but nothing you’ve had to deal with!

Interestingly, the “down” message earlier said the site would be back up in about an hour but didn’t say an hour from when? It gave me a chuckle as it could have been a minute more or 59 minutes more!

In any event, thank you so much for all your work and I made a donation a while back which I hope helps give the encouragement to carry on.

Posted on: 2021/1/27 16:12
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks Don.

Also, I had to fix the CSS changes that Open Source update made. So any of the links or text is not the correct color, then do a Hard Reset to fix.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2021/1/27 17:09
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jim/KB1MCV
See User information
OK
No hassle, I'll do that.

Jim

Posted on: 2021/1/27 17:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I'm not sure if it's my imagination but one thing I noticed is that on the PC I rarely have to log in anymore as it seems to keep me logged in now. I still have to do so on the iPad, though.

Posted on: 2021/1/27 19:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I don't see how to comment on a Gallery photo as I want to make a note about one. Can you please point out the icon for that?

Also, I see that the Notifications option is there at the bottom of the Gallery photo (I don't recall it there before) and on the Forum threads I see it has also returned. For a while the only way to see it was to jump through some odd hoops by pressing Previous Topic, then returning using Next Topic but that appears to be fixed now as I see it on those pages too.

Posted on: 2021/1/27 19:58
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Check again as the comments were disabled on the Photo Archive. They should be back on now.

Posted on: 2021/1/27 20:08
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Great, they are back now although a little different than before. No matter as long as they work!

Posted on: 2021/1/27 20:11
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved