Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
93 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Annoying and Aggressive Rattle
Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
My car developed a very bad rattle. It sounded like it was in both doors, but I could not find any problems there.
Any slight pavement defect would get a report from the rattle, and often a series of them.

The problem proved to be the seat adjustment cross shaft. It was too close to the middle steel brace in the subframe under the cushion. There is a cutout in the brace where the rod passes under it. I stuffed some foam rubber between the rod and the brace, not reaally expecting any improvement.

I drove down the bumpy, choppy, rough, dusty, washboarded dirt/gravel road that I have to use to get to pavement, and found that the car is now almost 100% rattle free. No rattles at all on poor pavement, and only a light tap or two once in a while from the rolled-down windows, which I think I can easily adjust out.

The car seens to ride a lot better without the rattles announcing every tiny bump in the road. It feels much solider, almost like a new car. I'm amazed that a scrap of foam rubber could make that much difference.

Posted on: 2023/6/30 11:09
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved