Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Stromberg E22 carburetor
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ian Sayer
See User information
My 1934 Packard vin no 715-1006 has a Stromberg E22 carburetor. It runs fine but if I remove air cleaner and look down the carb when running, fuel is dribbling down into manifold. I rather expected to see vapour. I’ve taken a short video with iPhone but unfortunately it won’t upload. Says file is too big. (It’s 6.4 mb) any suggestions? And if it does sound wrong how can I fix it? Thank you.

Posted on: 5/17 9:01
 Top  Print   

Re: Stromberg E22 carburetor
Home away from home
Home away from home

moodydavid16
See User information
As for the problem you are experiencing I don’t have an answer, however if you want to share the video you can upload it to YouTube and then share the link to the YouTube video.

Posted on: 5/17 9:32
If you want something done right; you have to do it yourself

1948 Super Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Stromberg E22 carburetor
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dbedsole
See User information
Packard Tech Tips -Part 3 Carburetion. A leaking economizer valve will cause a rich mixture over the entire operating range, excessive gasoline consumption and a rich idle that can't be adjusted out. With the Stromgberg carb you can make a quick check for leaking by removing the air cleaner and looking into the air horn. If any gas comes from the downward turned economizer jet at less than 60 mph, the economizer valve is leaking. Dirt will cause an economizer valve to leak - so will a scored or worn valve seat. Gum in the gasoline sometimes collects on and sticks the valve, holding it open or closed.

Posted on: 5/18 12:23
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved