Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 117

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Wanted:1951 rear fenders
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

53 Cavalier wrote:
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
Rear fenders would be 51-52 only due to the rear quarter body line that was omitted in 53-54.

Which body line do you mean? I think these fenders are off a 52, and I was going to pick them up to use the bottom 1/3 for repairs on my 53 Cavalier. Yea or Nay?

Click to see original Image in a new window

Those fenders are for a 1953 Clipper and do not have the body line

Posted on: 6/29 11:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Quote:

BDeB wrote:
Quote:

53 Cavalier wrote:
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
Rear fenders would be 51-52 only due to the rear quarter body line that was omitted in 53-54.

Which body line do you mean? I think these fenders are off a 52, and I was going to pick them up to use the bottom 1/3 for repairs on my 53 Cavalier. Yea or Nay?

Click to see original Image in a new window

Those fenders are for a 1953 Clipper and do not have the body line

Thanks BDeB, Pete thought they were off a 52. Other than the tail lights, which I don't need, are they the same as my Cavalier's fenders?

Posted on: 6/29 12:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Not the same. Your Cavalier’s fenders are stamped for the side by side taillights while the junior models had vertical taillights.

Posted on: 6/29 12:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Quote:

Packard Don wrote:
Not the same. Your Cavalier’s fenders are stamped for the side by side taillights while the junior models had vertical taillights.

Yes, different taillights, but I only need to replace the bottom 1/3 of the fenders, below the filler door. I was told it would be the same, but maybe it isn't?

Posted on: 6/29 12:51
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Soybeanfarmer1
See User information
I would assume that for the bottom 1/3 they would be the same for patching. Here is a photo of the body line that I'm referring too.

Attach file:

jpg  Screenshot_20240629-150440_Google.jpg (190.11 KB)
225274_66805b65bf0d6.jpg 1080X852 px

Posted on: 6/29 14:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Oh yeah, I have stainless steel trim where that body line is. TY

Posted on: 6/29 14:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The body line may have originally been stamped into the fender but later it was offered as a separate piece. I recall seeing a Service Counselor entry about doing that for cars that didn’t have it.

As for the junior lower side fitting a senior, it probably would but it would be an easier job if you removed the whole outer fender at its seams and replaced it that way which would require a senior fender but any 1951-1954 sedan senior would work if you don’t mind filling and moving trim holes. For the original poster’s 1951, any 1951-1953 junior/Clipper would work as long as it doesn’t have the body line stamped into it.

Posted on: 6/29 15:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
My current thinking is that I will splice the patch under the stainless steel trim so the seam doesn't need to be perfect, and leave the rest of the fender untouched. Having said that, I haven't cut anything open yet, and a person always finds more than expected on these types of projects.

At this point I do not have plans to repaint the entire car, just my repairs, which will be along the bottom. I had thought that hiding the seam under the trim was a shabby way to do it, until I had my fins off and saw the factory seam on the top of the fender. LOL

Posted on: 6/29 16:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Chirco
See User information
I have a few rust free cars that would work 520-336-0057

Posted on: 6/29 17:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Hey Mike, do you know if the lower 1/3 of a 53 Clipper rear fender is the same as the lower 1/3 of a 53 Cavalier fender? TIA

Posted on: 6/29 17:25
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved