Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
120 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Body Repairs
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Orange-Lark
See User information
Yes, those areas are pretty bad. Mine is clean after the rear wheel but the small sections before it has few bubbles and bodywork. It might be the first place to corrode on those cars.

Maybe Packard never got far enough in rust-proof unlike some others. (but Studebaker.... the rust...)

Posted on: Today 14:50
 Top  Print   

Re: Body Repairs
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Quote:

Orange-Lark wrote:
Yes, those areas are pretty bad. Mine is clean after the rear wheel but the small sections before it has few bubbles and bodywork. It might be the first place to corrode on those cars.

Maybe Packard never got far enough in rust-proof unlike some others. (but Studebaker.... the rust...)

Being an Alberta my car was probably subject to some road salt at some point in it's life, pretty hard on these cars, not plastic like modern cars. I've also wondered if the areas around the rear wheels were trouble spots because the inside lacked of undercoating in this hard to access spot. Additionally maybe that rope like seal that was tucked between the fender and wheel well may have trapped moisture and caused it to rust faster.

The repairs on my car will be lots of work, and there's going to be more to repair than I can see. But when I'm done she'll be solid and look great! I can't wait to get the skirts back on her again.

Yours looks great, like it only a year old. Very nice!

Posted on: Today 15:50
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved