Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
37 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 36

Charles, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

The "Damper Doctor" for vibration damper rebuild
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Your vibration damper may be fine. Poking a small screwdriver or scriber into the narrow open crevice and seeing if any pliability left will guide you. If hard as a rock, send it to the Damper Doctor
1055 Parkview Avenue
Redding, CA 96001-3314

(530) 246-2984

See www.damperdoctor.com

Friends who ran a shop for Packards sent John a dozen dampers for 282s, 356s, and a 319 over the years without a hitch. So i sent him mine. Prompt turnaround. Not cheap but this is
a specialty service, John knows Packards, takes pride in his work. As always, when I deal with someone who knows what they're doing, goes the extra mile, and doesn't leave you hanging, I believe in praising them or we're left high and dry.

Please tell John that Mike, '47 Super Clipper, Walnut Creek, CA referred you. His phone's fine and has a voice mail, but use the contact form on his website in case he's busy.

Posted on: Yesterday 17:55
 Top  Print   

Re: The "Damper Doctor" for vibration damper rebuild
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Great reference and for those who don't like to copy and paste links into the browser, here is the Damper Doctor's site in the modern secure format (https and no unneeded www) by simply clicking.

Posted on: Yesterday 18:45
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved