Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 165

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1940 Super 8 Water Pump
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Todd

I went through this several years ago with a a 160 that I no longer own. You need to jack the right side of the car up, take off the wheel and remove the access panel in the wheel well. Remove the two bolts at the bottom of the yoke holding up the engine at the front. Probably easier to do this with a socket and many extensions from the top before you jack the car up.

If you still can't jack the engine up, the clamp holding the exhaust down pipe towards the bottom to the engine ( or clutch/transmission housing, I don't remember which, ) is the culprit. Take the nuts off and remove the u shaped piece off and you can jack the engine up as high as you need.

It took me numerous session underneath the car the figure this out. I had loosened the side motor stabilizers and a bunch of other stuff by this time.

I have levered a new belt on the crankshaft pulley. Drape it around the generator and water pump from the top after loosening the generator and pushing it towards the block. On the right side, I levered it on with one of Owen Dyneto's tomato stakes, after smearing some chassis grease on it to help it slide over the pulley.

John

Posted on: Today 16:05
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved