Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
47 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 46

colin voice, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Carburetor WCFB 4-Barrel
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Coming together! Might be able to finish it up tomorrow.

Click to see original Image in a new window

An accelerator pump that works is going to be a big improvement! The old one was ripped.

Another deficiency that I found was the screw that holds the arm on the end of the shaft for the 4 bbls was loose. I think either the 4 bbls weren't opening all the way, or sometimes may not have been opening at all. This would make sense as sometimes I would take my car out for a drive and it would feel like a horse that has been in the barn too long, it just wanted to run!

Supposedly the Daytona float valves are going to be better as well.

Posted on: Today 0:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
We'll see if these Daytona float valves are as amazing as they say they are! I'm hoping for 25 mpg!

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Today 1:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

53 Cavalier wrote:
Another deficiency that I found was the screw that holds the arm on the end of the shaft for the 4 bbls was loose. I think either the 4 bbls weren't opening all the way, or sometimes may not have been opening at all.

Probably you are already aware, but the pair of butterfly valves only work in tandem when the choke is all the way open. Before that point, only the one set will open, except at full throttle an "unloader" cam will open the second set partway so that you can air out a flooded engine by flooring it while cranking.

So I like to check operation by confirming the unloader works with the choke closed, then I push open the choke and confirm the tandem operation. Of course, the exact values for the gaps that things have in various states are shown in the instruction sheet and service manual.

But if the second set was not connected at all, then you basically had a 2 barrel carb with this unloading functionality disabled in addition.

Posted on: Today 1:22
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved